Thread: Favorite Artists' Songs?

Default Favorite Artists' Songs?

I don't mean Uke player, I mean singer/songwriters whose songs you gravitate to. In my short
    time playing the Uke I find I enjoy John Prine, Hank Williams Sr, and Carl Perkins the most.
    Could be because they are mostly 3-4 chord progressions, but I love their songs.
    "I Walk on Gilded Splinters"

Though not songwriters, I gravitate towards Dean Martin and Elvis because they fit my vocal range best.
    Besides, when you look up cool in the dictionary, there is a picture of Dean.
    Besides ll, who can't like "Making Love Ukulele Style?"
    It's almost guaranteed to make your wife/husband/partner frisky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Funny that you ask as I was just noticing all the ones I have downloaded and printed since I picked up the ukulele. I seem to have several each of Johnny Cash, June Carter Cash and the Beatles followed by a few by Joni Mitchell, Roberta Flack, & Willie Nelson in my song binder. Everything else is individual songs. These are songs that I picked out for me.

I am also learning songs for my 89 year old mom as I noticed she really likes the singalongs at her assisted living facility. So, a lot of 40's songs and movie tunes are in my songbook for her. Spring break is next week and it will be the first time I feel comfortable enough in my ability to play for her.
    Last edited by actadh; 03-05-2014 at 08:11 AM.
    - Laura

Martin, KoAloha, Brueko, Mele, Mainland, Outdoor, Kala, Enya, Harmony, Tempo, Globe, Shima, Vega, Silvertone, Kay, Luna, Vorson, Zither Heaven, First Act

Thread Information