Any Ukers in the Westchester County Area?

sunstrummer

Reaction score
I'd love to get together with some uke players in my area to jam. I don't know any who really know how to play. Anyone interested?

It depends where you are in Westchester. I'm by the Westchester/Putnam/CT border. Wish there were a uke group around here! I believe there is one in lower Westchester.

I'm in New Milford, CT, work in Danbury. I'd love to find a reasonably local group, or even help start one! The nearest one to me that I'm aware of is in Milford, which is about an hour away . . . .

I'm in New Milford, CT, work in Danbury. I'd love to find a reasonably local group, or even help start one! The nearest one to me that I'm aware of is in Milford, which is about an hour away . . . .

AWESOME!!! I'm 10 minutes from Danbury. :) There must be others in our area. I think there were loads of uke players at Jake Shimabukuro's Ridgefield concert last week. Where are they all? Let's find 'em!

AWESOME!!! I'm 10 minutes from Danbury. :) There must be others in our area. I think there were loads of uke players at Jake Shimabukuro's Ridgefield concert last week. Where are they all? Let's find 'em!

Sounds like a plan. I have a neighbor who plays guitar and I believe he fiddles around with uke as well - I shall have to rope him in.

Get in touch with BrUKEman here on the forum. He is in Orange County, not too far from you (I think).

He recently started a Ukulele group.

I'm a bit far to the north, in Schenectady County.

-Kurt​

Get in touch with BrUKEman here on the forum. He is in Orange County, not too far from you (I think).

He recently started a Ukulele group.

I'm a bit far to the north, in Schenectady County.

-Kurt​

Thanks, Kurt. I just played with them last night! It's a great group, but it is a solid hour away from me. I will continue to go to their meetups whenever I can. I seem to be in the Ukulele Epicenter, with groups an hour away or more spaced all around me!

Hi: I run the Ukulele Club of Orange New York and right now we are holding our meetings in Pine Bush, NY but hope to have some additional meetings in the Monroe, NY area. It was nice to see JamieWG attend a couple of our meetings. I used to have to travel an hour or more to attend ukulele meetings which is why I started my own group. We have 55+ members and are growing so if anybody is nearby they are welcome.

Bruce

I've been there too! Tons of fun and everyone was so nice and helpful!

New Milford ct

I live in new Milford and am truly a newbie to the uke, a week into it and I'm hooked!!!! I'd love to meet up with people in new Milford to learn this newest craze with. Email me, sfish33@aol.com

Top Bottom