FS or FT: Vintage Martin style 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattoobabaloo

Reaction score
DSC_0001.jpg
I would like to offer my vintage Martin style 0 for sale or trade.

additional photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/120293933@N02/sets/72157642405939475/

I purchased this uke not long ago from a local auction that had it listed as a 1940's. I'm no vintage ukulele expert, but I was pretty sure then that it was older due to the headstock stamp. After I became the owner I saw that it also has bar frets and wooden nut.

The condition isn't so pretty compared to others I have seen listed, but it plays very well, IMO. There are five cracks along the back, and the cracks along the upper right bout that I had professionally repaired. The original nut is broken near the A string slot so I also had a new horn nut made as well. The horn nut is installed, but the original wooden nut is included. I do not have a case. Currently strung with worth browns (I was going through a string changing phase with this uke, the worths haven't quite stretched out yet).

Due to the condition I am having a difficult time coming to a direct price, I did pay for the ukulele and for professional work to be done, but I realize that just because I spent "x" amount does not mean the uke is now worth what I have put into it. I have had fun playing it in the short time I have owned it, but I would like to try other ukuleles and the only way I can do that is to sell/trade.

If you are interested in this ukulele, I am asking for a best offer, or if someone has a trade offer, I would almost prefer that at this time. Please pm with any offers. Thank you.

I may be interested. Can you take some pix of the cracks so I can get a clearer idea of the issues.
Thanks Bill

what size are you looking for. and newer or vintage?

Not really sure to be honest. I've been playing mostly tenors for a couple years, but now I'm wanting to try some different sizes, also wouldn't mind a reso or banjo uke. Probably looking more for newer stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom