My 1st Martin Uke!

FadaBullet

Reaction score
I'm so excited because I just won this Martin 0 on ebay,Wooh Hooh! Think it will make a good starter uke?What kind of strings shold I get for it?

c456_1.jpg

c4cf_1.jpg

c65a_1.jpg

c549_1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks alot Stack! This is really the uke I wanted.It looks like this one.I heard Tiny Tiny Tim had a bunch of these he used to carry to gigs in a shopping bag.

I've got plenty of shopping bags, but not any Martins. I wish it were the other way around. :cheers:

Dude! Good shootin! You bagged a Martin!!! Beauty!!!!

As for the strings? hmm, I'm thinkin'... maybe... Martin?

Its NOT at ALL crazy! Crazy is would be paying $480 for a raisin. That uke has huge resale potential. There are a lot worse things one can do with $480than buy an antique Martin uke. Good job FadaBullet!

I'm hearing a lot of good things about the new Martin strings. Worths are a good choice for a Vintage Martin as well. Congrats on the new uke!

That's a really nice Martin, congratulations! I like the blue in the case as well.

So when does she arrive? :-D

Well,my Martin has arrived but I am afraid to open the box for fear of damaging the finish until it has warmed up for 24-48 hours(if I can wait that long) because it has had a long cold journey from frigid New England to polar Minnesota and I don't want the finish to check from to fast a change of temperature.

My faithful watchcat Balloo is watching over it like a mother hen(even though he is a boy) He hasn't moved for hours.

100_3624.jpg

Ahhh I'm sure it's so difficult to wait! Good luck :)

VERY nice! I'm jealous, but in a pleasant way. :) Enjoy your Martin and let us know what you think!

VERY nice! I'm jealous, but in a pleasant way. :) Enjoy your Martin and let us know what you think!

Thanks Natalie!Wow I am in love with the Martin.Its in almost like new and near mint.The action is very low and the fretboard is much wider the the one on the Lanikai pineapple.It is as comfortable to play as the Lanikai Concert I have.Only thing I have to get used to is the friction tuners,other wise this is the most awesome musical instrument I have ever owned.

100_3675_edited.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom