Amazing Grace Instrumental - Cricket Violin, Mya-Moe Ukulele.

Olarte

Reaction score
Amazing Grace Instrumental in memory of Joseph T. McMahon II

Violin, ukulele instrumental in memory of the father of my best closest and dearest friends, Joe, Maureen & Pat McMahon, Joseph T. McMahon – 10/10/1936 – 03/18/2014. May he rest in peace.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Seekonk, MA
Instruments used:
Cricket Violin – Magic Fluke Company
Koa Tenor Ukulele – Mya-Moe
Cajon – Meinl

Ivan,

I am so sorry for your loss. May you find peace and comfort through your music.

Brother, I'll be sending comforting thoughts your way.

This is such a delicate and touching performance.

The way you are playing the Cricket, it's as if the violin itself is actually weeping to the melody.

I am very moved by this video, and you have made my eyes wet.

Bravo, Sir - Bravo!

-Booli

Thank you Booli. Your comments mean a lot to me.

Yes this one was personal. I grieve for my three friends who lost their dad. Funny thing is me and him sort of had an understanding, he would chase me out of his house like Tom and Jerry, but never caught me....

You see he thought I was a bad influence on his kids, it turns out that it wasn't the case, they were closer to me than my own family. And the day I graduated college, Joseph Sr. Congratulated me and said he was proud of me... I'll never forget that.

Anyway, thank you for your support. It keeps me motivated to keep practicing my instruments.... I was stupid to let it go for 30 years but I'm blessed enough to have the rest of my days to make up for that...

Remember, even though he has passed on, as long as he is in your heart, and in your memories, a part of him lives on within you, and empowers you to go on with your own life, and honor the the time you shared with him by you sharing your blessings with others however you can.

Sharing your music, is in fact sharing these blessings and honoring him.

As you already now, music can help mend a broken heart.

Music is always a catharsis for me, and I think maybe it is for you too.

Without music, and without the ability to play and write music, I would be completely lost and alone in this world.

I hear you Booli. And for me, looking beyond music is the need to create... Through music, writing, photography, even making videos in a simple yet clean way....

I'm finding that while music is part of who I am, the running thread that makes me feel truly alive and focused is when I'm able to create.... Even better, when I can combine different skills\talent into a cohesive clear creation.

Top Bottom