Tv show binge watching recommendations?

We're back onto netfilx. This time, we're really into Good Witch. Heartwarming stories of a town.

I just finished Longmire after looking for new shows and thinking I was on the last page but really on the first :D The mysticism they brought into the show from the Native American Indians was something I really liked. I never thought about going to Wyoming before but it's on my list now

I never thought about going to Wyoming before but it's on my list now

I also enjoyed the Longmire series. The story lines were a bit farfetched, but a good fantasy. Also, Native American characters were presented realistically without stereotyping. However, if you were impressed by the scenery and environment, please know that the series was filmed in New Mexico, not Wyoming. Both states are remarkably beautiful and "enchanting". New Mexico has better food, just saying.

Last edited:
I love watching TV shows online without commercials. Here are some of my favorite newer/ongoing shows, most of which, I have watched many times. Manhunt: Unabomber and Manhunt: Deadly Games, Das Boot (2018 tv show), Deutschland '83, The Walking Dead, Colony, The Enemy Within, Lost in Space (2018), Into the Night, What We Do in the Shadows, Hanna, The Boys, Mindhunter, Chernobyl, Home Before Dark, The Americans, The Mandalorian, and many more. TV is better than ever, especially without the ads.

Mindhunter and Chernobyl are so good! I definitely recommend those! I would also like to get any recommendations on some good streaming services with interesting new shows. I found some on this service, for example. Maybe you can tell me which of those are worth subscribing to?

Last edited:
Wentworth. Australian, very dark, and you'll never hear the f bomb dropped so many times, but great characters.

At the end of 2021, I started watching Anime series. Death Note and Bleach are good at representing Japanese culture with quality graphics.

I have been laid up with a bad cold for a few days and have probably at least another day or two of boredom ahead. Since baseball season has not started yet (go Red Sox!) I am looking for shows to stream on Netflix. I also have some overseas flights coming up and want to download some shows for them.

I have already binge watched this season of House of Cards, and finished all the seasons of Friday Night Lights. I was about to start Walking Dead (did watch the first episode but I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to horror so I am not sure if I will stick with it) and I was contemplating re-watching all of Breaking Bad.

Are there any shows out there any of you would recommend binge watching?
Only Murders In The Building (Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez) and Loot. IMHO, OMITB is the best show to air in many years. I expected Loot to be an annoying long-play of SNL skits but have been pleasantly surprised. Both are presently current and the most recent OMITB aired last night.

It always surprises me that Dark on Netflix isn't more popular. It's a three-season German language (subtitled) sci-fi series involving time travel, which follows the residents of a small town across several time periods. The writing, acting, and cinematography are all superb. The plot is complex and can be difficult to follow, but it all ties together very cleverly and wraps up neatly at the end (I hate series which leave loose ends!). Highly recommend.

It always surprises me that Dark on Netflix isn't more popular. It's a three-season German language (subtitled) sci-fi series involving time travel, which follows the residents of a small town across several time periods. The writing, acting, and cinematography are all superb. The plot is complex and can be difficult to follow, but it all ties together very cleverly and wraps up neatly at the end (I hate series which leave loose ends!). Highly recommend.
I very much enjoyed Dark but it is demanding of its audience. I started out by watching the English dub but it was so bad that I started over watching it in the original German language with the English subtitles which is something that's going to turn a lot of people off having to read subtitles. The plot indeed is complex and difficult to follow at times but I enjoy that kind of challenge. Being able to binge-watch it made it a bit easier to follow. I recommend it as well for those who would find that kind of thing interesting.

Handmaid's tale season 6 is out.
It's season 5 that's showing now and they are releasing the episodes weekly, they're not dropping the entire season all at once. I've been watching the series and was wondering if anyone else found June less likeable over time? I totally get why she feels the way she does and it's totally justifiable but the seething cauldron of anger seemingly hellbent on revenge kind of makes her somewhat a less sympathetic character for some reason. I think that the show way overuses the camera shot of a seething and glowering June staring directly into the camera. We get it, she's hurt and she's very angry and wants payback. In any case, I'm invested and will continue to watch.

The only 2 shows I have watched front to back are Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the more recent Battlestar Galactica. I would recommend either. Buffy will stay with you longer imo.

Some on Netflix, some Disney +. Last Kingdom, Witcher, the Orville, Clone Wars, Bad Batch, Star Wars Rebels, Thieves in the Woods are all series I've enjoyed. Both Babysitter movies are comedic horror that is so bad their worth watching.

just my fast thoughts on what I watch while working from home as I wait for emails.

The only 2 shows I have watched front to back are Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the more recent Battlestar Galactica. I would recommend either. Buffy will stay with you longer imo.
I agree with you on the Battlestar Galactica remake, I thought it was excellent.

I seem to keep hearing about Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Is it really that good? I've never seen a single episode. I don't know what else I was was watching during its tenure but it was never on my radar. I do like vampire lore. What is the flavor of the show? Tongue in cheek? Campy? Serious? (as much as a vampire show could be) Satire/parody? Dramatic?

I agree with you on the Battlestar Galactica remake, I thought it was excellent.

I seem to keep hearing about Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Is it really that good? I've never seen a single episode. I don't know what else I was was watching during its tenure but it was never on my radar. I do like vampire lore. What is the flavor of the show? Tongue in cheek? Campy? Serious? (as much as a vampire show could be) Satire/parody? Dramatic?
It was never on my radar when it came out either. Me and my friends watched all 7 seasons senior year of undergrad (09).

it’s campy in the first season. Steps up the noncamp in season 2. Season 3 a bit campier, not as much as season 1. Season 4 presents itself as campy but isn’t. Seasons 5-7 rule, but I also feel the other seasons do too. Then the TV run ends and the comics take over for season 8-11 and it’s also good, but not as good as it wants to spend most of season 8 doing one big last page reveal of a character from the show returning issue after issue. That’s fine, but less about story and more about nostalgia with that approach IMO. That being said, I also think it rules.

Most recent Gran(d) Tour eipisode (Clarkson, May and Hammond) is hilarious & interesting. All is filmed above the Arctic Circle. Any fan of Subaru, Mitsubishi or Audi will get a real kick out of it.

Formula 1, Drive to survive- might make you a fan
Love on the spectrum- Australian version, not US

Formula 1, Drive to survive is indeed really well done! I did not care for F1 but now that I finished the last season of that series, I am catching up on the past 2022 Grand Prix.

During the pandemic I signed up for Hulu and bingewatched a lot of network television programs that I'd missed when they were first run. Those shows included How I Met Your Mother, This Is Us, Spin City, and Chicago P.D. I've since signed up for Peacock (NBC is pulling its stuff from Hulu in preparation of previously agreed-upon sale of its interest in Hulu to Disney, and I no longer having a working TV), Disney Plus (bundled with Hulu), and Paramount Plus. I recently began and finished all three seasons of The Orville (a fourth season may be in the works), and I'm staying current with Only Murders in the Building (Hulu), Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Paramount Plus) and She-Hulk (Disney Plus).

One more, Edge of the unknown with Jimmy Chin... follows extreme sports athletes doing crazy stuff.

Top Bottom