Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tv show binge watching recommendations?

Default Tv show binge watching recommendations?

I have been laid up with a bad cold for a few days and have probably at least another day or two of boredom ahead. Since baseball season has not started yet (go Red Sox!) I am looking for shows to stream on Netflix. I also have some overseas flights coming up and want to download some shows for them.

I have already binge watched this season of House of Cards, and finished all the seasons of Friday Night Lights. I was about to start Walking Dead (did watch the first episode but I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to horror so I am not sure if I will stick with it) and I was contemplating re-watching all of Breaking Bad.

Are there any shows out there any of you would recommend binge watching?
    Moore Bettah Kauai Dreams undersea inlay tenor "Hui Nani"
    Moore Bettah slothead offset soundhole tenor "Kula Leo"
    KoAloha KTMS-00 "Lokomaika'i"

Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele: The story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story e-book edition

You might try Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch. I thought it was quite good, but I'm a fan of everything Sherlock Holmes.

I don't get Netflix, but I have HBOgo. Sopranos, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, and Game of Thrones. My daughter recommends Netflix Orange is the New Black.
    - Laura

Currently playing the most - Enya Nova U black, 1930's birch sopranino, Mele Double Hole mahogany soprano

Quote Originally Posted by arcaknob View Post
    You might try Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch. I thought it was quite good, but I'm a fan of everything Sherlock Holmes.
    Quote Originally Posted by actadh View Post
    I don't get Netflix, but I have HBOgo. Sopranos, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, and Game of Thrones. My daughter recommends Netflix Orange is the New Black.
    Thanks guys, I had heard good things about the new Sherlock. I agree, Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones are all good. I really liked Orange is the New Black too, I look forward to season 2. I haven't tried Deadwood.

I am on episode 3 of Walking Dead now, still squeamish but curious. I think I may give the Wire on HBO a go too.
    Moore Bettah Kauai Dreams undersea inlay tenor "Hui Nani"
    Moore Bettah slothead offset soundhole tenor "Kula Leo"
    KoAloha KTMS-00 "Lokomaika'i"

Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele: The story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story e-book edition

Suggested TV series for extended watching:

Try Longmire for a low-key Wyoming sheriff, beautiful scenery, believable cases (each freestanding).

Try Engrenages (French) for majorly gritty series with police having to cover up their mistakes, plus corruption in the judiciary. Five stars from me!

Try Annika Bengtzon (Swedish) for urban newspaper reporter on the crime beat. First episode occurs during the Nobel Prize events.

Try The Protectors (Danish) for a secret-service-like unit that trains together and protects national leaders from terrorism, etc.

Try The Borgias for decadence, sin, and serious corruption in Renaissance Italy.
    ~Ginny

Leave every place better than you found it.

Ugh, that cold came to visit me not long ago and brought along its cousins, bronchitis and sinusitis. Hope you're on the way to recovery quicker than I was!

I don't have Netflix so I don't know what's available there, but Doc Martin and Call the Midwife on Amazon Prime, and a bazillion documentaries streaming either on Amazon or on PBS, kept me from dying of complete and total misery. What I wished I had (and wasn't sure if Netflix had or not; had I known for sure I would have signed up for a month) was Six Feet Under.

And, uh, yeah, I'm squeamish, so my recommendations may be a bit on the tame side.

I've enjoyed these:
    Lie to Me
    Lost
    Breaking Bad

the league - greatest show ever
    suits
    sopranos
    the wire
    arrested development

not sure if they are on netflicks but still love em anyways
    My Babies (in order of purchase): Fender Nohea Koa Tenor, Pono MS with pickup, The Magic Fluke Co. Firefly, Martin T1K, Kala Ka-8

Do you have a PS3? Play Demon's Souls and beat it in five days as I've done during my recent nasty cold. Just sat and played. If not, get a copy of the complete series Rome and watch it for some great entertainment and a stand out performance by Ray Stevenson.

If you haven't seen Firefly, you might give it a try– Sci-fi meets old school western.
    If you like British humor, try Faulty Towers... hotel run by John Cleese... probably one of the best comedies ever.
    Sherlock is excellent!!
    We enjoyed Eureka, a town full of science geniuses with a sheriff that is not a genius.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    –Lori

Thread Information