How I met your mother
Doctor Who
Breaking Bad
Walking Dead

Science Fiction
  1. Farscape
  2. Battlestar Galactica (The Reboot)
  3. Firefly
  4. Any Star Trek series, but especially Deep Space 9.
  5. Fringe
  6. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comedy
  1. Freaks and Geeks
  2. The Office
  3. 30 Rock
  4. Arrested Development
  5. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
  6. Futurama

Science Fiction
  1. Farscape
  2. Battlestar Galactica (The Reboot)
  3. Firefly
  4. Any Star Trek series, but especially Deep Space 9.
  5. Fringe
  6. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comedy
  1. Freaks and Geeks
  2. The Office
  3. 30 Rock
  4. Arrested Development
  5. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
  6. Futurama
Well, gee, I *was* going to post my list but Seeso already did. :D

Thank you so much to everyone that responded. So far I am halfway into the third season of Walking Dead and now have tons of recommendations for me to download for my upcoming flights.

I figured, for anyone else in a similar boat, I would add my own recommendations:

Breaking Bad
Dexter (through the John Lithgow season- after that all bets are off)
Walking Dead (I am now a Deadhead)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (show, not movie)
Big Bang Theory
Lost (up to the last season, again then all bets are off)
House of Cards
Orange Is The New Black
Friday Night Lights

I can't believe nobody has recommended Castle yet.

Are there any shows out there any of you would recommend binge watching?

I'll recommend music shows. Glen Campbell Goodtime, Johnny Cash especially the two (and only two) episodes with Linda Rondstadt. Leslie Uggams had a wonderful show with but 10 episodes.

The Twilight Zone was internetted by CBS, The Shatner was great.

Youtube has lots of Carol Burnett, the GWTW parody had me ROTFLMAO. Or for British humor, Mow the Lawn.

I've been enjoying cartoons:

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/

Good stuffs:
The Avengers: Earth`s Mightiest Heroes (2 complete seasons)
Dragons: Riders of Berk (just finished season 2)
Avengers Assemble (ongoing)

Okay stuff:
Star Wars: Clone Wars (5 complete seasons)
Iron Man: Armored Adventures (2 complete seasons)
Transformers: Prime (2.5 complete seasons)

Tons and tons and tons of anime as well if that floats your boat (inuyasha complete both series, bleach complete, etc)

Non cartoon stuffs:

Highly recommend:
Stargate SG-1

Okay stuffs:
Merlin (BBC, 5 complete 13 ep seasons)
Stargate Atlantis (5 complete seasons)
any Star Trek Series (voyager, enterprise, ds9)

Last edited:
Ack! Forgot one!

af3adUR.png

Last edited:
The Wire is so good that when i meet people who haven't watched it I am actually jealous that they get to experience it all for the first time. It takes a few episodes to really grab you (its a bit hard to follow at first) but it is truly incredible.

The Wire is so good that when i meet people who haven't watched it I am actually jealous that they get to experience it all for the first time. It takes a few episodes to really grab you (its a bit hard to follow at first) but it is truly incredible.

I finished Walking Dead - all caught up in time for tomorrow's season finale. So I started The Wire after that. I have to tell you, I am about four or five episodes in and it hasn't grabbed me yet. I am sticking with it though since it is so universally beloved. I have never heard of anyone that watched it and did not like it.

I really like the Walking Dead (though I do look away at the goriest parts) but nothing has been able to beat Breaking Bad for me yet.

I finished Walking Dead - all caught up in time for tomorrow's season finale. So I started The Wire after that. I have to tell you, I am about four or five episodes in and it hasn't grabbed me yet. I am sticking with it though since it is so universally beloved. I have never heard of anyone that watched it and did not like it.

I really like the Walking Dead (though I do look away at the goriest parts) but nothing has been able to beat Breaking Bad for me yet.

It's doubtful anything will, but Game of Thrones comes really close for me.

I second lots of stuff especially Lost, Orange Is The new Black, and Farscape but also :

Ted Talks
My Name Is Earl
Weeds
X-Files up to S6
Buffy was awesome until they added the super aggravating little sister from nowhere, arrgh!
Xena is hysterical, sometimes just silly, sometimes moving but Lucy Lawless will grow on you.

Been watching GOT on DVD since we cut the cable, but honestly the books are so far superior. It's good for the great visuals though.

Fun films with a similar theme
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
The Italian Job
Pulp Fiction

Some great lists, here are some of the shows me and m'lady have binged on, highlighted particular goodies:
Almost Human, American Horror Story, An Idiot Abroad, Arrow, Bates Motel, Breaking Bad, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cougar Town, Death Note, Firefly, Friends, Hannibal, Heroes, House, How I Met Your Mother, Jekyll, Lie to Me, LXD, Misfits, Orange is the New Black, Prison Break, Rules of Engagement, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Scrubs, Sherlock, Skins UK (Not S5/6) Stargate (SG-1 and Universe), Smallville, Suits, Survivors, The Big Bang Theory, The Inbetweeners, The Walking Dead, True Blood, Two and a Half Men, Wilfred US.

I couldn't get into GoT or Lost.. Didn't enjoy SG Atlantis And DS9 is the worst of the Star Treks imo.
On our to watch list we've got:
Bones, Caprica, Chuck, Da Vinci’s Demons, Dr Who, Fringe, Grimm, Hemlock Grove, Jericho, Supernatural, Spartacus, The Tomorrow People, Vikings. Any opinions on these?

I second lots of stuff especially Lost, Orange Is The new Black, and Farscape but also :

Ted Talks
My Name Is Earl
Weeds
X-Files up to S6
Buffy was awesome until they added the super aggravating little sister from nowhere, arrgh!
Xena is hysterical, sometimes just silly, sometimes moving but Lucy Lawless will grow on you.

Been watching GOT on DVD since we cut the cable, but honestly the books are so far superior. It's good for the great visuals though.

Fun films with a similar theme
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
The Italian Job
Pulp Fiction

I thought I was the only one that would admit to liking Xena. :). But the series finale was a bummer. :(

I totally agree about Buffy, it was a great show, but yep, I hated Dawn. I still would re watch a few of those episodes, namely the one with no dialogue (amazing what a great show can be with not one word of dialogue in an hour!) and I still wish the series finale had been the episode in the psychiatric hospital.

Obviously Buffy and Xena. I watched the whole of Xena in 4 weeks recently. Damn good use of my time!
Twin Peaks, Montalbano maybe, Shameless maybe, Benidorm, Hex (little known Shine production). Yep, My Name is Earl, I vote for that. And Jonathan Creek, although the guy who wrote it often limps along with one foot in the ditch of pretention. (that metaphor may not work. I don't care). Oh, and X-Files. Life on Mars is possible, but I wasn't sure about that one. And Lost, except that the last 15 minutes possibly cancelled out everything that preceded them! If you like esoteric, you could try Fantomas or Les Vampires.

Last edited:
Ugh, that cold came to visit me not long ago and brought along its cousins, bronchitis and sinusitis. Hope you're on the way to recovery quicker than I was!

I don't have Netflix so I don't know what's available there, but Doc Martin and Call the Midwife on Amazon Prime, and a bazillion documentaries streaming either on Amazon or on PBS, kept me from dying of complete and total misery. What I wished I had (and wasn't sure if Netflix had or not; had I known for sure I would have signed up for a month) was Six Feet Under.

And, uh, yeah, I'm squeamish, so my recommendations may be a bit on the tame side.

I'm pretty sure your local library should have the Six Feet Under DVD. An excellent series.

Some great lists, here are some of the shows me and m'lady have binged on, highlighted particular goodies:

Didn't like "the flash"? season 1 was good. somebody mentioned band of brothers...

Also check out "Gotham". Pretty dark stuff.

oh for cartoons, I have to give a good thumbs up to "Beware the Batman". No robin, no joker, no penguin, none of the traditional batman villains.

Last edited:
I am finding constantly re-watching all previous episodes of GoT, prior to watching each new episode, a highly constructive way to pass the time :) Also, it means that I can actually keep track of who everyone is...

Also, I think I saw someone mention Peaky Blinders earlier in the thread. If you haven't seen it - treat yourself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom