FS: Pono ETSH-PCC Cedar & Macassar Ebony tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuprin

Reaction score
Selling my Pono ETSH-PCC tenor ukulele I received from Mim last year. Mim did a wonderful job setting this up and it plays beautifully. Unfortunately money is tight as my fiancé and I are saving up for our wedding this July so I can't afford to keep it.

The bitterness of this winter did take a toll on this uke...it developed a crack in the back. After spending a couple weeks rehumidifying to close the crack, my local guitar tech cleated the crack so it won't get worse (see pictures).

Solid cedar top, solid macassar ebony back & sides. Koa binding. Slotted headstock. Abalone rosette.

Hawaiian Music Supply is selling this same model for $1119 which is similar to what I paid from Mim. You can hear a sound sample of this on their site:

http://www.theukulelesite.com/pono-macassar-ebony-cedar-pro-classic.html

I know that due to the crack (even though it is cleated) I won't be able to get the full used value for it, but I am hoping to get $725...that's close to $400 off new price. I will entertain offers but am not interested in trades. I am including the hard case pictured and will offer free shipping within the continental US.

Pics:

Last edited:
Pic of the crack (the long white stripe to the right...the other white stripes are scratches...the flash from the camera made them much more noticeable than they are):

Pic of the cleat inside:

Other pics:

Last edited:
There is no better person to buy a uke from on the UU than Nuprin. No one.

Excellent price. Congrats on the upcoming wedding Chis!

Aww shucks...you guys make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

I have the rosewood version of this uke and can vouch for the overall playability, they are extremely nice, basically what I have been looking for the last 5 years.

I have this Uke model. I can tell you that the sustain is amazing and it is a great pleasure to play every single time. And I am just a noobie doobie do. Just love this Uke. Pono is a great product.

Price drop...$625 with free shipping within continental US.

Price drop...$625 with free shipping within continental US.

I'll third or fourth the motion that Chris is a great guy to buy from.

Also this price makes me want to buy it. But I can't. One of the wood combos that I've lusted after in the past.

I've had a few inquiries as to whether there is other damage to this uke due to this frigid winter we've been having. I was so focused on the crack that I didn't give a very thorough check over the rest of it. I had a chance to look it over yesterday and found the following:

A couple of dings and scratches (similar to what you would get from a used uke). Took a couple pictures of the dings:

The seam at the butt doesn't look seamless. There might be a tiny bit of separation but it came to me this way and hasn't gotten worse.

Someone had mentioned it looks like the bridge is coming up a bit on the G side. It's not...the A side has a rounded corner which makes it look like it's lifting but it isn't...the rounded corner just isn't flush with the body.

Lastly, someone had mentioned the crack on the inside didn't look completely closed. The first picture I posted does suggest that...upon further inspection I believe it is closed but there is glue inside it which makes it look like it's not completely closed.

I have had a few interested buyers and, after this new information, it's up to them if they still want it.

Price drop...looking to sell quickly. $575!!! That is less than 1/2 the cost of it new. Free shipping with the continental US.

I'm leaving Saturday morning for 10 days visiting relatives in Singapore. Really hoping to sell before I leave. So, final price drop (and this is a big one)...$400 shipped. Someone take advantage of this!

Somebody, anybody, please buy this. If I wasn't selling ukes to raise cash myself it would have been gone by now. And now at $400! Yikes!

Best of luck with the wedding Chris and your trip to Singapore

At $400 this is a steal. My ebony/cedar Pono is an exceptional instrument. At that price, perhaps I need a backup...

if it doesn't work out with kkimura ... then let me know. I would be happy to buy at $400. I do recognize that kkimura has first dibs. And would honour that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom