FS: Melokia Solid Acacia Pineapple Soprano

JonThysell

Reaction score
Bought on Oahu October 2012 for $200. Beautiful all-solid acacia with gold tuners, engraved headstock, mother-of-pearl binding, rosette and fret markers.

It had a small split on the soundboard right under the bridge, but I had it professionally fixed and had the frets dressed for good measure.

This uke is gorgeous (my fiancé's favorite to see hanging on the wall) but it doesn't get much play time now that I have a real Kamaka pineapple. So it's time to re-home. Strung up with Oasis fluorocarbon strings.

Asking $120 with shipping, and will include the gig-bag it came with.

WP_20140324_004.jpg WP_20140324_005.jpg WP_20140324_006.jpg WP_20140324_008.jpg WP_20140324_009.jpg

Last edited:
Melokias are made in China, popular in Thailand.

http://ukulelehunt.com/buy-ukulele/brands/melokia-ukuleles/

Sound-wise I prefer the Kamaka. I've tried several types of strings on this uke and found the best response with fluorocarbons- nice ring and a long sustain, and it's as nice as any Kala I've played in this price range. But judging by how much I've actually played it in the past year and a half, I like it more for its looks than its sound.

Thanks for the honest opinion Jon. A nice uke at a great price for someone wanting to get into solids.

Last edited:
gotta love that about the forum, honesty. Much success with the sale~

Top Bottom