Thread: Easy ukulele picking songs

Default Easy ukulele picking songs

Hi. I'm really new to the ukulele and can't sing as well so I'm looking for easy songs that can be picked out on my ukulele. I've found a few and my wife can even recognise "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" now so I must be doing something right but I'm looking for more. Does anyone know of a site that has popular songs with the actual music shown that also shows picking tabs with maybe the occasional cord thrown in? I've searched but haven't found anything yet so I figured it didn't hurt to ask.

Some of the tab here is pretty beginner-friendly. Also check here, some of the arrangements are graded 1-4 so depending on the level of challenge you are looking for, you ought to find something there (including Twinkle Twinkle, which sounds so much more sophisticated as Ah! Vous Dirai-je, Maman in French!).

The Ukulele Hall of Fame Museum has a nice songbook (with melodies in standard notation) on their downloads page.
    -Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

@janeray: Thank you for those links!

Thanks!!

I'll say thanks again because otherwise my message is too short.

Default Here's a site that sounds like what you are describing.

Check out capotastomusic.com. It may be just what you are looking for. Tabs for uke as well as many other instruments.

Thanks. I had found capotastomusic.com and it is great. I am looking for more onto the same formatting. I'm hoping that if I play the tabs with the actual notes right above them that eventually I'll program myself to just play by note only. Might be just wishful thinking but......

Quote Originally Posted by janeray1940 View Post
    Some of the tab here is pretty beginner-friendly. Also check here, some of the arrangements are graded 1-4 so depending on the level of challenge you are looking for, you ought to find something there (including Twinkle Twinkle, which sounds so much more sophisticated as Ah! Vous Dirai-je, Maman in French!).
    Thanks for the links Janeray. I'm practicing on "Tears in Heaven" at this time!
    Chiun: It would be better for you to eat this can than what is inside of it. Why must everything in this country be coated with monositi-... monosoti...
    Remo Williams: Monosodium glutamate. You can't even say it.
    Chiun: I can say "rat droppings." That does not mean I want to eat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    Here's Waltzing Matilda which is pretty simple

http://www.theuke.com/e107_files/dow...ng_Matilda.pdf
    Thanks. It will be good for our uke club, too.

I also have trouble with barre chords. I like those tips on the other thread. Will try pulling toward the floor.

Thread Information