Commissioned a Kinnard Concert Ukulele

cigarfan

Reaction score
Been playing the uke now for just over a year during which time I have been able to sample four sizes (soprano, concert, tenor and baritone) and have acquired at least one of each. There is one that stands out as best to my ears (timbre and tone) and that is my John S. Kinnard Series 3 Tenor built last fall. I have to say the build is exquisite as well and the attention to detail is beyond compare. That sounds like a sales pitch but I have no other affiliation with KinnardUkes.com other than I purchased this uke and I love it.

I have commissioned another build with John. This time a Series 3 Concert. I plan to share the build with you guys. I sure hope you enjoy the journey as much as I will. You can find the thread here.

Sequoia Redwood top
Cocobolo back and sides
Mahogany neck
Abalone and radial Cocobolo rosette
Flamed Maple binding (body/neck/headstock)
Abalone purfling (top/back/headstock/backstrip)
Striped Rosewood fretboard, bridge and headplate
13 frets to the body
Paddle Headstock with All Black Gotoh UPT tuners

Can't wait to see it. I am afraid Kinnard ukes may just be like potato chips. I am already contemplating a soprano or baritone and my tenor isn't quite done yet.

Been playing the uke now for just over a year during which time I have been able to sample four sizes (soprano, concert, tenor and baritone) and have acquired at least one of each. There is one that stands out as best to my ears (timbre and tone) and that is my John S. Kinnard Series 3 Tenor built last fall. I have to say the build is exquisite as well and the attention to detail is beyond compare. That sounds like a sales pitch but I have no other affiliation with KinnardUkes.com other than I purchased this uke and I love it.

I have commissioned another build with John. This time a Series 3 Concert. I plan to share the build with you guys. I sure hope you enjoy the journey as much as I will. You can find the thread here.

Sequoia Redwood top
Cocobolo back and sides
Mahogany neck
Abalone and radial Cocobolo rosette
Flamed Maple binding (body/neck/headstock)
Abalone purfling (top/back/headstock/backstrip)
Striped Rosewood fretboard, bridge and headplate
13 frets to the body
Paddle Headstock with All Black Gotoh UPT tuners

I really like the wood selection. The cocobolo that John has is outstanding.

I'm sure it will be gorgeous and I couldn't agree more on your props to John. You're picking some of my favorite woods, too, so I'm both stoked for you and filled with envy! ;-)

Thanks guys. I can't wait to hear this wood combo myself.

Some new pics this week can be found here.

Thanks for sharing your Kinnard build with us. Absolutely beautiful wood combo. I will be very interested to see what you think the sound of the concert with those woods sound like

Whew, I'm speechless...and breathless! I cannot wait to hear it! Congratulations.

Top Bottom