Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii Ukulele Shops

Default Hawaii Ukulele Shops

I am going to Hawaii for a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some cool ukulele shops. I am going to be spending time on O'ahu, Maui, and Hawaii.

(not ukulele related sorry)
    Also if there is anything cool that you know of on any of these islands that maybe tourist might not normally know about, or might know about feel free to let me know.

Forgot to mention that if you know any places that have good live music, i would love to know. Thanks

Do we actually have any exclusively ukulele shops here? I don't personally know of any, but I bet that Easy Music Center on King Street has ukes. As for live music, someone else will have to answer that one for you too. There are definitly live music spots, it just depends on when you go.

But for secret adventures on Oahu that tourists probably don't know about, go rock climbing. If you google Climb Aloha, and go to their site, you can probably arrange for a rock climbing session on the cliffs at Makapu'u point. If you haven't rock climbed in your life, it will be absolutly amazing. From the top of the wall at Makapu'u, you can look down like 400 feet and see the waves crashing at the bottom of the cliff...for real...not to mention miles of coastline. Rock climbing. Do it...but don't try it on your own, since you will NOTbe able to find the hidden rock face on your own, and probably want equiptment.

LOL. EDIT: I failed at uke shopping back when I wrote this post. Guess I really wasn't in the market. But after visiting all the uke stores on the island, by far, my favorite has to be Easy Music Center. Amazing service, knowledgable staff, no pressure to buy, a nice selection, and good prices. Hate to plug them so much, but I've just been very satisfied with the service I have received there, and the purchases I have made from them.
    Last edited by experimentjon; 07-30-2008 at 01:22 PM.

Is there not a ukulele only store, just a stagger away from the Aloha Tower?
    Perhaps I Imagined it

Default uke shops

You might want to check out Bounty Music
    http://www.ukes.com/

There's also a small shop across the street from the beach in Waikiki, called Bob's
    http://www.bobsukulele.com/

You could tour the Kamaka factory
    http://www.kamakahawaii.com/contact.html

In Waikiki, check out Pua Pua. They have a nice selection of ukuleles and the folks that work there are nice. Here's their website: http://ukulele.pua2.com/

Thanks all. I guess there may not be any exclusive ukulele shopd but compared to what i have found in northern VA, i'll bet theres a world of difference.

Just a clarification, Bob's and Pua Pua are both all ukulele shops (i.e. exclusively ukuleles).

I guess I haven't checked out enough of the local island ukulele places (never was in the market for a new ukulele.) People who don't even live here know more about the ukulele shops here than me! XD

On Oahu, there is Good Guys on Kapahulu (between Starbuck andZippy's on your way to the zoo from H-1) always has a good selection of ukuleles, good prices and a really super nice staff.

I saw a Kamaka Tenor and soprano, Koaloha Pineapple Sunday, Bugsgear Eleuke, and a bunch of Kala's and cheaper ones too last time I went. It is my favorite music store on the island.

Also the Koaloha factory has a showroom in Kalihi, well off the beaten path for tourists. Really nice staff there too.

Thread Information