FS: Pono MT Tenor: 2013 model - near flawless, but well loved!

NoKaOi

Reaction score
Tri-Valley (East SF Bay Area) / Lahaina, HI
Aloha-

Between the ever increasing number of Ukes & existing guitars, amps, sound equipment ... etc, the music room is simply becoming too full to comfortably manuver in; also, I really need to let go of some instruments that aren't receiving their fair share of love -- sadly, we humans unfortunately only have so many hands & fingers..

On the sale block here is a one-year new, Pono MT with a really nicely ribboned mahogany throughout all the set's sides. I just strung her up with a brand new set of low 3rd & 4th Ko'olau Mahanas, which is what every MT leaves the Ko'olau shop wearing unless the buyer specifies an alternate string-type. Although this Uke is a 2nd, she was hand-selected by John Kitakis, who operates Ko'olau/Pono in a very meticulous fashion when it comes to quality control -- in John's words: "usually the blemishes on our 'blems' are not noticeable." That fact certainly holds very true with this particular Uke!. I can find no flaw &/or imperfection, or anything different than a brand new "1st," with the exception of the super tiny, "micro-ding" on the back of the neck from it slightly rubbing against a rather moronically placed, in-case hygrometer -- but you can blame that one on moi.. ;/

All of her time on the mainland has been spent in either a ~50%-rh room or properly humidified case, although she has spent quite a bit of time on Maui.

One bonus you'll find here is that, unlike a brand new one, she's had a year of seasoning & that nice ribbon mahogany has begun to open up -- she sounds like a cross between Bob Marley & Steve Winwood - don't laugh, it's true! ;)

While sound & playability are two of the most subjective factors involved with stringed instruments, I truly feel anyone will be hard pressed to find anything that compares to the MT in this range, or even at a moderately increased price point.

She's yours for $300 inc canvas/polyfoam UkeCrazy-like zipper-case (NOT the one with the dumb gauge placement..) shipped/insured to U.S. mainland destinations. PayPal transaction ready.

Mahalo for your interest.

Pono_MT.jpg20140408_154546.jpg20140126_165601.jpg20140329_155356.jpg20140126_165448.jpg

Last edited:
That's a great uke.

Like I always say, Pono Tenors are magic! :cool:

Hey Steedy,

I agree with you whole heartedly ... looking forward to playing it.

Well, that was quick - mahalo for the replies! She is on her way to the Great White North tomorrow. I know she'll be appreciated & enjoy some upcoming Canadian kanikapilas with her new owner! ;)

Last edited:
Hi Hent,

Thanks very much ... I like the Pono brand ... it is a solid instrument in sound, feel and playability ... look forward to seeing it in about 7 or 8 days. Cheers!

Lovely uke, enjoy. I love my Pono tenor, its my favourite uke.

Top Bottom