¡ INCREDIBLE ! Sarah Maisel "My One and Only Love"

Booli

Reaction score
You may know her music, but this performance is exceptional.

I just love Sarah Maisel. I just had to share this video, since I got all choked up when she started to sing...she brought a tear to my eye...UNREAL!

just watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS9w1GuqRms

Wow Booli, thanks for sharing.

I've been seeing all the posts of her and Craig Chee FB. I love her cd, and think she is awesome.. I hope she shows up in Reno with Craig.

but WOW, this video is beautiful. LOVE her hands, best ukulele hands I've seen, in fact they belong on a classical guitar!

and how can she play so clean with long nails on her left hand? I have to ask her one day.

The Playing is amazing, the singing intimate and beautiful and her body language and expressions are honest and personal...

Thank you for sharing this! made my day!

Here is my tip for you, regarding violin.. check out Rachel Barton Pine, she is my new muse for violin. Totally amazing...

Aloha,
ivan

She's undoubtedly the new master of jazz ukulele. My heroine...swoon.

Lovely. And as one of those nature blessed with short stubby hands, I echo Olarte's enthusiasm for her fingers ;)

I saw Craig Chee and Sarah Maisel perform two weeks ago at the Ukulele Fest of South Florida. Craig's set came first, and Sarah joined him on stage for a song or two, before her own set. Both together and solo, they are amazing performers. They were utterly charming as well.

I play both, and trust me, she would ALSO be wonderful on some classical guitar pieces on guitar...:eek:ld: Those hands were ALSO meant for pieces like La Catedral, Cavatina and Recuerdos.... :music:

Blasphemous! Why in the world why she very want to play classical guitar when she works such magic on the ukulele? ;)

What's the brand of her uke. Yes, she is incredible.

In the descriptions of a few of her other videos, on her own YT channel, she has indicated that this uke is a custom Mike DaSilva model.

I just love the sound of it, and in her hands, the dulcet tones she is able to coax out of it are just like magic. When added to her beautiful vocals, I am incredibly inspired to pick up my own uke, and try and play and sing along, and I'll tell you it's a very good thing that nobody can hear me when I do this.

I do not yet have the discipline (nor the free time) to practice for the 4-6 hrs per day like she did at one point, which she tells in her '3 Questions' interview with Jim D'Ville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x1mTra5hkg

Sarah is truly an amazing talent and such a lovely young lady! If you get the opportunity to go to her workshop its so much fun and she is a wonderful teacher...I had the pleasure to meet her at TBUG last November and again at the South Fl Fest!

What's the brand of her uke. Yes, she is incredible.

That's a DaSilva. It's recorded in DaSilva workshop/studio in Berkeley. You are right about her hands. They can be mesmerizing.

Last edited:
It's recorded in DaSilva workshop/studio in Berkeley.

Actually, the first video for which I created this thread is on the YT channel for Hawaii Music Supply, and as per the description on the YT page, below the video, it says the following about the location:

"Today Corey picked up Sarah Maisel and Craig Chee and brought them to our workshop above Ko'olau."

So if this info is correct, this may not be the video you are thinking of, and I do in fact remember Sarah previously did a demo video when she first received the Mike DaSilva custom Jazz tenor, and maybe that video is the one that was done in Berkeley at the DaSilva studio?

There are 3 more videos also on the Hawaii Music Supply YT Channel that have Sarah also performing with Craig Chee, recorded at the same location, which you can see from the following:

Craig Chee "Untitled 47" w/ Sarah Maisel (Live & Acoustic!)

Sarah Maisel & Craig Chee "I Will"

Sarah Maisel w/ Craig Chee- "Hawaiian Way" on Moore Bettah's

Just announced Sarah ans Craig will be doing one of the main concerts at the Reno Uke fest!!!!!

I'm bringing my kala spruce top, the first Uke I bought from MGM! Already signed by Jake, it's coming back filled with signatures from most of my Uke Heros including Sarah! I'm so psyched... In 10 days!

Top Bottom