FS:blackbird Tenor ukulele

curiousdave84

Reaction score
Blackbird tenor ukulele for sale. Just as it came from the factory except I have changed the saddle out for a bone saddle. Factory gig bag included. I am not giving this one much playing time having 2 collings tenors, and a mya moe taropatch. Also have a mya moe tenor build starting in 2 weeks.

I should mention this is the standard model. No pickup installed. Currently if is strung with worth brown low g strings.

Would like $900 plus shipping/PayPal.

image.jpg

I agree. It is a super fun uke to play. Nit to mention it can go anywhere

Thanks guys. In February I can go from here in Saskatoon at -40 and 0 % humidity to the usual Hawaii temperature and humidity and not worry.

Thanks guys. In February I can go from here in Saskatoon at -40 and 0 % humidity to the usual Hawaii temperature and humidity and not worry.

Nice grab, Kelly! And your comment is precisely the reason a keep a laminated 'travel uke' in the quiver.. Although I'd happily trade the moderately decent sounding layered Koa-topped tenor for anything constructed/engineered by Joe & Kyle.

I've yet to sample the Clara -- although I'm more of a tenor guy, I'm anxious to see what flavour (for you Canadians..) the "Ekoa" offers to Blackbird's bullet-proof line of strumming devices. May have to roll out to the city to give one a whirl -- been quite awhile since I've visited the Blackbird laboratory..

I've yet to sample the Clara -- although I'm more of a tenor guy, I'm anxious to see what flavour (for you Canadians..) the "Ekoa" offers to Blackbird's bullet-proof line of strumming devices..

I tried out the Clara the other day (at Bernunzio in Rochester, NY) -- if I had discovered a forgotten $1500 in my pants pocket, I would have bought it. It was strung low-G, and had a full, deep, tenor-like sound. (Or maybe I'd buy this tenor for sale, and put the extra $600 back in the pocket.)

Or maybe I'd buy this tenor for sale, and put the extra $600 back in the pocket.

Yah, I'm not sure mixing in some Koa shavings & etching a grain pattern into the carbon fiber exonerates one from kissing those extra 6-snappers goodbye - plus, I'm more of a tenor dude anyway..

Had you played the BB carbon tenor, and if so ... did you experience any tonal difference(s) in the Ekoa??
(apologies for the hijack - serious business/info exchange at work here.. :rolleyes: )

Let me know how you like it. I bought an outdoor uke for my winters and it didn't do that great. Not terrible, but not quite what I wanted. The blackbird is a little out of my price range, but their guitars are great.

I just got a Clara (at the Reno Festival).
I played one at NAMM and was blown away, but I am really a tenor guy.
Also NAMM is really noisy so it was hard to hear it.
At Reno I could really hear it. It will probably be a few years before the E-Koa tenor will be developed.
I played the black tenor and it has a great sound, but the Clara has a more robust voice to me.
Being that it is several inches shorter and well it will make an excellent travel uke as well.

I just got a Clara (at the Reno Festival).
I played one at NAMM and was blown away, but I am really a tenor guy.
Also NAMM is really noisy so it was hard to hear it.
At Reno I could really hear it. It will probably be a few years before the E-Koa tenor will be developed.
I played the black tenor and it has a great sound, but the Clara has a more robust voice to me.
Being that it is several inches shorter and well it will make an excellent travel uke as well.

I had been after a used Blackbird tenor for quite some time, but since the come on the market fairly infrequently, I recently ordered a Clara (having mine made with Pegheds). I tipped to the Clara for its richer tone and greater portability. They both sound great to me and had this Blackbird tenor been offered a few weeks ago, a might have done that route instead.

I just got a Clara (at the Reno Festival). I played one at NAMM and was blown away, but I am really a tenor guy. Also NAMM is really noisy so it was hard to hear it. At Reno I could really hear it. It will probably be a few years before the E-Koa tenor will be developed. I played the black tenor and it has a great sound, but the Clara has a more robust voice to me.

I recently ordered a Clara (having mine made with Pegheds). I tipped to the Clara for its richer tone and greater portability. They both sound great to me and had this Blackbird tenor been offered a few weeks ago, a might have done that route instead.

Mahalo for this info, folks! & please excuse my poor attempt at humor regarding the "Ekoa" comments. I know how serious Joe & Kyle are about their product and have great respect for the research that was involved in the development of these novel instruments -- I really appreciate the input & comparison to the std c.f. model.

Now, whether to roll out to the city & get one in my hands, or try to avoid teasing myself & hold off until my larger preferenced instrument is developed(?) That'll be a good pre-Hawaii quandary for the next few weeks.. :confused:

Top Bottom