Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gauging interest in custom Uke stand.

Tri-Valley (East SF Bay Area) / Lahaina, HI

Have a ton of diverse types of guitar/uke stands, but if I saw this at a craft fair or in a shop somewhere ... I would definitely gravitate it's way & consider adding one or more to my musical accouterments!

Footprint is of some concern, but I'd me more inclined to worry about the wood-to-wood contact on some of the fragile finished items that may find their way into the stand. I would ponder some type of aesthetically pleasing protective material for the base & neck (not that cheesy foam..) for a little added piece of mind.

Very nice work and idea indeed!

I'd be intrested in one for sure...let me know
    maybe to keep costs down and for easier shipping you can make it into a kit form....
    Making music is a gift in itself, and when you can share it ....it is your gift to others

Quote Originally Posted by justinlcecil View Post
    Run the numbers. That thing is gorgeous.
    It is gorgeous. I'd be interested.

I would definitely be interested in one sized to fit a vintage Martin soprano.

Beautiful work. Possibly the most elegant, yet rustic stand I've ever seen.

Scooter

Very nice concept, but I would make those legs a little shorter, for fear of walking past it and accidentally kicking one of the legs and the uke goes sailing across the room

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Money McGee View Post
    Very nice concept, but I would make those legs a little shorter, for fear of walking past it and accidentally kicking one of the legs and the uke goes sailing across the room
    Yes, I know what you mean. That stand was made for a particular purpose and a particular location, which likely wouldn't be perfect for most environments. Within the next couple of weeks I'm going to make another very similar but with a smaller footprint and hopefully a little more shipping friendly. We'll see how that works out. The shipping aspect has me stymied at the moment, so I need to make a couple more with potential shipping in mind.

In a smaller footprint, I'd be interested! I just remodeled my living room and would love to use one of those to display my uke in the corner! But i would definitely love to see a smaller footprint! Beautiful piece of work!
    New to the wonderful world of ukin' but I already have a bad case of UAS:

Gretsch 9100 - Soprano
    Lanikai LU-21 - Soprano
    Tom TUP200 - Pocket

Look's wonderful...it's fancier than my ukes.

This is the best looking stand I have seen. What a wonderful gift for your daughter. I would also be interested in one.
    - Laura

Martin, KoAloha, Brueko, Mele, Mainland, Outdoor, Kala, Enya, Harmony, Tempo, Globe, Vega, Silvertone, Kay, Luna, Zither Heaven, First Act

very elegant. i love the 'flow' of the stand. it actually compliments the shape of the uke as well in many regards. beautifully done. and thank you for sharing.

shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

Thread Information