Season 113 - "Yacht Rock!"

Congrats to the winners. Concertina! Yay! Where is she anyways? Sean! Yay! I'm comin' over to groove on the moon mix cd! TCK. No Eagles Yay! Dodged a bullet there. It was nice to see the little retrospective at the end to remind us of all the great entries. Thanks Moons!

Whoa!! Thank you Captain! And thank you first mate Indigo! I love the hat. Can't wait to listen to the CD but the real prize will be meeting you and your family Moons.
Congrats TCK & Concertina. Great season John!

Congrats to the winners. Concertina! Yay! Where is she anyways?

Ok...so I wrote Moons to thank him a bunch for picking me. The CD has been on in my car since I got it...I love every song on it!

It took me this long to find the actual thread to say thanks properly!

I haven't been around much, I know. I'm dealing with some health stuff...basically, I'm on this medication that makes me really spacey...ok well spacier than I usually am...and I just kind of haven't been into much of anything. This last week I've been feeling better, and learning some new songs and I'm really missing playing and recording.

Anyhow...thanks again Moons for hosting an awesome awesome week, and thank you for my mix CD. It's totally boss.

"I Can Go For That: The Smooth World of Yacht Rock"

Katy Puckrick - who older viewers will remember from her days as a presenter on The Word - has in recent years being developing a niche for herself as the UK's curator of and ambassador for Yacht Rock; ever since she presented on BBC's Radio 2 a show dedicated to the topic back in 2013, that the Beeb have rebroadcast on Radio 2 pretty much every year since (next up on Sat, 8th June).

And now she's taking her message to TV! This summer, courtesy of BBC Four TV, she's presenting on not one, but two(!) 60 minute specials dedicated to the smooth sounds of sophisticated southern California!

Annoyingly the official BBC Four trailer doesn't have a broadcast date, but since BBC Radio 2 are repeating her 'Yacht Rock' radio show on June 8th, that looks like a likely date.

This clip from the production company looks promising: "a soothing balm for an America on a bummer trip".

Get those margaritas ready!

Redpaul1 - That's awesome! I was so happy to see Week 113 - Yacht Rock week in the recent list! I'll see what I can find online here for it since I don't have the BBC channel. CHEESY GOODNESS!

Top Bottom