1967 Martin T-28 Tiple (Brazilian Rosewood)

joemcg

Reaction score
I have a Martin T-28 Tiple for sale. The serial number is 232923 indicating a manufacture date of 1967. Spruce top, Brazilian Rosewood back and sides. This is the last year for Brazilian Rosewood before EIR. This is a rather rare instrument, only 12 were produced in 1967, and about 450 total production from 1922 through 1990. It is essentially a 10-string ukelele with 2-3 strings in each course. In some cases the strings are tuned in octaves. The designation indicates that the trim is the same as would be found on a 28 series guitar of the same era.

It is owned by a professional luthier and musician here in San Diego and I am selling it for him. He is a non smoker and has owned it since the late 1990's.

Condition is excellent with finish cracks that are typical in the finish Martin used in that era (please see pictures.) No sign of any play wear. Tuners have been upgraded to German Schaller. Strings we're changed in October 2013.

It is complete with original hard case and soft over case.

Price is $2750 and I will consider a PARTIAL trade for other quality acoustic instruments. If you are seriously interested please call to discuss shipping arrangements. I can take PayPal.

Pictures are available here.

Email astro_crazy@hotmail.com or call six one nine 840-8736. Thanks for looking.
Joe

Welcome to UU, joemcg.

What type of ukulele do you play? How long have you been playing? Welcome to the community, a great assortment of enthusiasts.

Looks to be in pristine condition. A real prize for anyone who plays a tiple!

Top Bottom