NUD thread for everyone who received their East-Start arch-top ukulele

Hi Mike,

that's great. But what is my tracking order number? - You can PM me if you don't want to make it public.

To All - I emailed everyone their tracking number and web site late Thursday Pacific Time. Please check your junk mail box if you have not received it.

Oh OK sorry. I just got back from vacation. I haven't checked my email yet. UU takes priority over e-mail ;)

Yeah SF Express doesn't show anything for my tracking number any longer, we're having fun now...

For the two days now, SF tracking doesn't show anything at all for my uke. The last listing that showed was Saturday in Hong Kong, going from one distribution center to what appeared to be the exact same named distribution center 8 hours later. I guess it will show up when it shows up.

The three ukes being shipped to Spain and England by DHL are already there. As I said, SF Express told me Friday that ours will be in US customs Thursday or Friday, then handed over to OnTrack to complete the deliveries, who knows how long that will be. I just sent a complaint email to Simon that we spent a lot of money for delivery and it's going to take three times longer than DHL.

Last edited:
According to the DHL site.... Mine has arrived in Barcelona!

Today is a public holiday, so the earliest I am expecting it is going to be tomorrow. But that is if customs don't retain it and I have to go down to Barcelona to retrieve it and pay the import duty. If that happens, don't hold your breath for a review. I have a mini tour coming up of our kid's show and won't get down to Barcelona for at least a fortnight!

Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow then.

Simon just told me he talked to SF Express and the ukes will be in the US in 24-48 hours, then passed on to the US Post Office. What a run-around, I'm not even sure I believe him anymore. I guess I'm so anxious to receive mine, my patience is wearing thin.

Boy is SF Express screwy, drep shows his is in New York, anthonyg, PhilUSAFRet, katysax and Wagster shows theirs are bouncing around China, everyone else with SF Express has no information.

Last edited:
When this is all over, I'm going to post a thread detailing the entire process, including all the bumps, to prepare anyone who may want to run another group buy.

Boy is SF Express screwy, drep shows his is in New York, anthonyg, PhilUSAFRet, katysax and Wagster shows theirs are bouncing around China, everyone else with SF Express has no information.

SF now shows me listed again, still in Hong Kong. Hopefully I will inch closer today at some point.

Guess what just arrived at my house??? Just popped home for a second. Out on my front step was my uke delivery!! Gonna open it and do a quick check. Don't have time for a lot of playing with it now. I'll update later. I guess I'm the first! Really, no lie....it's here! (i'm in NJ)

ARRR, it's a GREEN ONE! I didn't order a green one. Seems like the right model though. It says "Alida" on the head stock.

Attachments

• IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1041.jpg
    IMG_1041.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 156
Guess what just arrived at my house??? Just popped home for a second. Out on my front step was my uke delivery!! Gonna open it and do a quick check. Don't have time for a lot of playing with it now. I'll update later. I guess I'm the first! Really, no lie....it's here! (i'm in NJ)

Congrats! I guess they really do exist.

A few more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1045.jpg
    IMG_1045.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1043.jpg
    IMG_1043.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 92
So you have the wrong color and it says "Alida."

Is it me or is there also something funky going on with the bridge?

Again, just really quickly looking at it, I thought the bridge looked crooked, but it appears that there are a couple of nuts on the bridge "tail piece" (not sure of the correct term) that need to be adjusted to align the whole thing. Hopefully that's all there is...

Top Bottom