Blue Star Guitar company finally has a website!

iamesperambient

Reaction score
http://bluestarguitarcompany.com/

the maker of the konablaster has a website. apparently they make tenor models now. Elderly instruments seems to still carry them but he also states on the website he ships world wide for those not in the USA. I love my baritone konablaster, for a minute i almost had to sell it due to major financial issues but i decided against it last minute good choice too. Seems will make a custom build too.

Glad you were able to work out your financial difficulties. Tenor model does look intriguing.

yeah as far as i know the brand is named after the blue star highway which is in MI
where he first started. I'm from NJ and and don't know much about that area
but i like the idea of having a hand made USA built instrument.

It is; I've been on the Blue Star many times, but never put two and two together.

It is; I've been on the Blue Star many times, but never put two and two together.

yep pretty neat. I'm glad he finally has a website, it may make it easier for people who are international to buy one of his instruments.
If i had the money i'd love to buy one of his deluxe ukes, which seem to have a more classic guitar looking design which is nice. Although
the konablaster basic model look is also unique.

Hey, sorry to revive an old thread, but I need a little advice, probably one of you knows the answer -

I chanced upon an original model konablaster soprano on craigslist this week for $100 - a steal, I figured, even at twice the price - and so far I love it. The only problem is that it's missing a string. I emailed Bruce at Blue Star Guitars and he recommended these gauges: "original re-entrant stringing: .012 .014 .022W .013"
my question is, what's the most efficient way to buy these? Is there somewhere I can buy individual strings, or do I need to get an entire guitar set in order to pick out the ones I need?
I don't know anything about electric guitar strings (or any strings, really)

thanks!

Almost any guitar shop will sell you individual strings. You can also get a set that contains the proper gauges and just use the ones you need. Most electric string sets have the gauges on the package so it should be fairly easy to find a set that works.

If you can't buy singles, you may even have to get two sets to find the gauges you need. Another thing to keep on mind is that there is no "right" gauge here so you can easily go up or down a gauge (or more) and it should still work - just a little tighter or looser.

thanks so much!
I was getting confused trying to find 'em online, but I'll just mosey down to my local guitar shop and ask - that'll be easier & quicker!

that's good that there's some flexibility in the gauges. The one I'm missing is the A string. would that be the .013 gauge Bruce recommended?

that's good that there's some flexibility in the gauges. The one I'm missing is the A string. would that be the .013 gauge Bruce recommended?

strings by mail
https://www.stringsbymail.com/
and elderly instruments you can order
single strings in most gauges. Local guitar shops
usually will sell singles if their common tunings also
or common gauges.

woo hoo! I'm bookmarking that site in case the fellas at the guitar shop haven't got what I need. Thanks so much! Can't wait to get the Konablaster blasting again!

woo hoo! I'm bookmarking that site in case the fellas at the guitar shop haven't got what I need. Thanks so much! Can't wait to get the Konablaster blasting again!

Nice! i have not played the soprano KB but i have a baritone one and i love it. Once i have enough cash i plan
on contacting bruce at blue star to make me a custom one.

awesome! Bruce seems really nice - he emailed me back within 5 minutes, and offered to remove the active primer in the bullet casing for free, even though I bought it used. I was hoping to get a tenor electric, but I couldn't pass up the price on this kona. A tenor might be in the future, though...

awesome! Bruce seems really nice - he emailed me back within 5 minutes, and offered to remove the active primer in the bullet casing for free, even though I bought it used. I was hoping to get a tenor electric, but I couldn't pass up the price on this kona. A tenor might be in the future, though...

yep i want to order a custom tenor 17" scale with wood finish in a figure 8 shape.
I'm hoping by xmas time this year or by jan 2015 i will have enough money saved
to get the custom job done (with all my other expenses included too). Ya he is a very
nice guy i did hear about the original soprano model having an active bullet pretty crazy!
the baritone used a normal bridge so they never had that issue.

$100? Wow, that's a smokin' deal. I know Jim and Iamesper love theirs.

Hey, sorry to revive an old thread, but I need a little advice, probably one of you knows the answer -

I chanced upon an original model konablaster soprano on craigslist this week for $100 - a steal, I figured, even at twice the price - and so far I love it. The only problem is that it's missing a string. I emailed Bruce at Blue Star Guitars and he recommended these gauges: "original re-entrant stringing: .012 .014 .022W .013"
my question is, what's the most efficient way to buy these? Is there somewhere I can buy individual strings, or do I need to get an entire guitar set in order to pick out the ones I need?
I don't know anything about electric guitar strings (or any strings, really)

thanks!

If Bruce were more invested in advertising, he could easily be so much more popular. I kind of like how you have to be "in the know" to know about him. I get the feeling that Bruce likes it that way, as he's still a busy guy.

Yesterday I talked with him about the possibility of building a solid-bodied tenor uke with a piezo pickup. He blew me away with his knowledge. I'm really pumped to get an instrument from him.

Top Bottom