2009 Kalas.....

so does anybody have any pre-release photos of these fabled beasts? im almost afraid to see what they look like because of the possibility of my UAS coming back out of remission.

edit: i know i should just watch the video. but im at work. and my comp at work has flash player download blocked. can someone that can watch the video take a screen cap and post up some at different angles? that would be greeeeeaaaat.

Last edited:
Picture175-1.jpg

you have to tilt your head hard to the left,just enough to strain, for real world view...

Last edited:
so does anybody have any pre-release photos of these fabled beasts? im almost afraid to see what they look like because of the possibility of my UAS coming back out of remission.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

man look at those strings! I just wanna eat one!

They remind me of udon or something!

That Solid Acacia Tenor is giving me major UAS!
...I'm guessing they will be shipping for around $300... not bad, but I wonder how it would compare to a Concert Sized Uke from a brand a bit more up-market.

That Solid Acacia Tenor is giving me major UAS!
...I'm guessing they will be shipping for around $300... not bad, but I wonder how it would compare to a Concert Sized Uke from a brand a bit more up-market.
I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Acacia as soon as it's available! Elderly has the tenor listed for pre-order already at $270 and, interestingly enough, also has it available in soprano ($230), concert ($245), and baritone ($280) sizes:

http://elderly.com/search/elderly?terms=kala+acacia

Only the tenor is listed as having the slotted headstock though.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Acacia as soon as it's available! Elderly has the tenor listed for pre-order already at $270 and, interestingly enough, also has it available in soprano ($230), concert ($245), and baritone ($280) sizes:

http://elderly.com/search/elderly?terms=kala+acacia

Only the tenor is listed as having the slotted headstock though.

Yeah, I'm planning on picking up one of those tenors too. It seems like such a good deal. I think the slotted headstock tenor will sell like hotcakes.

It's interesting to see that simply using a slotted headstock can increase the potential buyer's incentive substantially.

It's about time, though. Reasonably priced slotted headstock ukes are pretty rare. Does anyone know why?

It's interesting to see that simply using a slotted headstock can increase the potential buyer's incentive substantially.
That's just a part of it for me. I really like the look of the acacia, especially with the dark binding. Along with the headstock and the satin finish it gives it a really nice antiquated (not sure if that's the word I want) look. I don't expect it to sound as good as my Kanile`a, of course, but it's the one that I'll be taking with me when I go to jam with others.

It's about time, though. Reasonably priced slotted headstock ukes are pretty rare. Does anyone know why?

Good question....in nylon stringed guitars they are a dime-a-dozen

has anyone splurged on any of these instruments yet? I'm interested in any feedback about the ubass.

I'm holding out until KALA decides to make a solid top pineapple (mahogany/spruce) or better yet solid acacia. KALA has one the best shaped pineapples in my opinion but all laminate which limits the appeal. I did write them about it but they replied they didn't think they could sell any. Oh well. :rolleyes:

I'm holding out until KALA decides to make a solid top pineapple (mahogany/spruce) or better yet solid acacia. KALA has one the best shaped pineapples in my opinion but all laminate which limits the appeal. I did write them about it but they replied they didn't think they could sell any. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Keep writing back from friends addresses and names. If you could get people here, on UU, to write them also they could see a demand. I guess it would be better if the people really had an intrest as to not make Kala go down a road under unrealistic demand.

I don't have a pineapple uke nor have I played one. I wouldn't mind having one but I think I need to wait a while to convince the wife i should have one.

Frankfurt Messe 2009 Ukes in Action!

hey all,
here is THE video from the premier uke distributor in Europe- RISA Musical Instruments- distributor of Big Island Ukulele and Kala brand- here are some videos of some live performances that just happened today!

the HONU in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyAH4JZQ0Iw

the BASS UKE that has been the rave of the show (no kidding... it's been a HOT item!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNxc38waQrI

the bass was much better live than what is coming out of this video. I think they had the bass amp turned down a bit so as not to overpower the uke. by they way... these are ALL Kala ukes!

BTW, this was an improntu session with the three of them. Andreas (far left) was mostly playing solo and Mike and Rigk jumped in for a couple sessions.

:bowdown: Go MIKE! :nana:

thassall for now... gotta sleep... one more day of the show to do!

Jorma

Top Bottom