What are you listening to?

“Michala Petri - The Ultimate Recorder Collection”, great! Vivaldi, Satie, Handel, Grieg, Bach and others. I was an avid listener to this when I played the Recorder — She’s terrific! :eek:ld:

“Music of the Andes”. Terrific latin music—great!—especially “El Condor Pasa.” Happy - Rythymic - makes one happy.

/////Big encore!////. South Americans must be the happiest musicians in the world. I wonder if they drink beer. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
A lot of songs from the TV show Nashville. At lot of them have good harmony or duet arrangements, and I'm taking voice as well.
Many of the songs are really slow, so they're easy to play as a beginner. I though "Sanctuary" was pretty, but I can't play with the YouTube video because it seems to be in key of A and I don't have the E chord down yet. I can play it in C just by myself though and get both lines of harmony

KYMN radio, Northfield MN. I'm so happy to have discovered this radio station! I was visiting my Mom and when I arrived, she had the radio on. As we chatted and did things around the house, I found myself really diggin' the music they were playing. I was suprised at the variety and how eclectic the music was and how they played music for such long stretches of time. I had to know what that station was before I left that day. I was shocked to find out that it was a small town radio station about a half hour from where I lived! The commercials really had that small town flavor. There were commercials for a church fish fry and for a local towing service who would buy your old junker and tow it away for free! Then there might be a 15 minute slot where they interview an author or talk to someone in a band that's going to be in town before they return to another long stretch of music. It's not as slick or as polished as a major market kind of radio station and that's a good thing. They play a lot of music that I've never heard before and the songs I have heard, I haven't heard in a long time. The music is great and I love the low key vibe of the station. Check it out! You can listen for free on the internet!

“Dolly - The Best There Is” Some of Dolly Parton’s best. Good album.

“Charlie McCoy - The Real McCoy”. Great! One of my ol’ harmonica favorites.

“Appalachian Stomp - Bluegrass Classics.” Fast and furious greats. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
“Dolly - The Best There Is” Some of Dolly Parton’s best. Good album.

“Charlie McCoy - The Real McCoy”. Great! One of my ol’ harmonica favorites.

“Appalachian Stomp - Bluegrass Classics.” Fast and furious greats. :eek:ld:

Love Dolly! Also trying to teach myself Dueling Banjos

“Why I Sing The Blues” - B. B. King. Great! as always. He really moves one.

“Sonny & Brownie” - Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee. One of my favorite CDs. Good music tonight. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
I just heard BB King's "How Blue Can You Get?" earlier today. I listened the the soundtrack for "Crumb" earlier which contains some ragtime and other stuff hard to categorize. Right now I'm listening to Jelly Roll Morton.

“The Canadian Brass - More Greatest Hits.” This one has lotsa good memories.

“The Canadian Brass - Bolero and Other Classical Blockbusters.” Really good pieces on this one.
:eek:ld:

Last edited:
“Pickin’ on the Beatles” - The Pickin’ on Pickers (?). Beatles’ tunes by Bluegrassers . . . different but not bad . . .

“Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops Play The Beatles”. More difference but very enjoyable . . .

“All You Need Is Love”. The Canadian Brass. Really good arrangements of course - really nice.

:eek:ld:

Last edited:
“Song of the Irish Whistle” - Joanie Madden. Beautiful Irish tunes played beautifully- a favorite.

“Song of the Irish Whistle 2”. More beautiful Irish whistle music. Mine surely doesn’t sound like this. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Last edited:
The racket coming from our kitchen. Tammy is tossing pots and pans around and cussing. It does smell good. The older she gets, the easier it is to annoy her. I stay away during cooking hour. She's mean with a sharp knife. I've witnessed what she does to innocent vegetables.
Tomorrow at 6 AM EST I'll be listening to the Bluegrass Show on WMNF 88.5, live streaming.

i have been listening to a lot of Django Reinhardt lately, but I have been exploring some of the buskers here in the UK particularly The Galway Street Band singing 'Bee's Wing' but there are so many great bands on our streets its unbelieveable and also I am learning a piece called 'Dark eyes' its a Russian folk love song and its in a gypsy jazz book I bought from Amazon a few weeks ago, there is a fab cover by a band called Gypsy Moon outstanding

Top Bottom