Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixing Up East-Start Archtop

After all my searching for naught, I've decided to stay with the original 6/4 saddle. With the new 4 string tailpiece, the 4 grooves in the saddle are fine for me.

Just discovered that I shaved off too much from the nut, why it didn't show right after I did it stumps me. I hope the neck is not warping. Ordered a few from China that will get here in about 2 weeks.

I found on Andrew Jerman's website some electric mandolins he has made. One of them had a custom Tune-o-matic bridge. I've emailed him asking if he would be interested building some more with specified string spacing and adjustment post hole spacing.

The ground wire would have to be re-routed, but I don't see that as something difficult to do. Would be ideal to get someone to mill these out of aluminum.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I might bite the bullet and order some of the individual saddle pieces, as I've seen some 3-sided box section alloy lengths in my local DIY store which I reckon could be easily made into a new bridge .....

Having now just had my LP back from Afghan (had to post it - not enough room in my luggage), I've had my Snark tuner on the Alida and the nut needs taking down bit time, as it's sharp as anything on the first few frets, especially the G C and E strings.

The machine heads are very sensitive - I'm guessing they're 18:1 - so I'm going to change them out. Would standard electric guitar ones be too big?

I'm going to go for all black hardware if I can, just to un-bling it all a little ......

One final question - has anyone worked out the pot arrangement yet? Is it just tone and volume for each pickup?
    Keith

Mahalo 2020 Soprano - or at least it used to be! http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/fo...akeover-Thread
    Aria ACU-250 Concert
    Clearwater UCW7T Tenor
    Epiphone Les Paul Concert
    Fender 52 Telecaster Concert

Some black mini-rotomatics might work. There is a spec sheet with the dimensions. https://www.grotro.com/Grover/ROTOMA...ics-205-Series

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosToo View Post
    - has anyone worked out the pot arrangement yet? Is it just tone and volume for each pickup?
    Here is the pot layout. I changed the knobs to chrome with labels on them. They also have black. http://www.allparts.com/PK-0154-010-...bs_p_2855.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Money McGee View Post
    I've emailed him asking if he would be interested building some more with specified string spacing and adjustment post hole spacing.
    Any word? I sure would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    Any word? I sure would be interested.
    Yes, I'm talking with him today sometime. He said he could make them out of wood, or brass (chrome plated). I would send him my uke to make and test the first one. He seems more than willing to make them. It will just come down to cost. I have no idea how many of the 22 would be interested at "X" price point.

I'd take one, as long as the price wasn't ridiculous. Would prefer black .......
    Keith

Mahalo 2020 Soprano - or at least it used to be! http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/fo...akeover-Thread
    Aria ACU-250 Concert
    Clearwater UCW7T Tenor
    Epiphone Les Paul Concert
    Fender 52 Telecaster Concert

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosToo View Post
    I'd take one, as long as the price wasn't ridiculous. Would prefer black .......
    He said milled out of brass. Chrome plating is an option.

If they could be aluminum, anodizing would be an option but at what cost?

Thread Information