Aloha all from SoCal...

avlamonte

Reaction score
Got back from Kauai on Sat where I purchased a Kala Travel Tenor from Hanalei Strings. Alicia told me about this forum so here I am...

I am a Uke newbie, but played around a little with a classical guitar in the past. It would be cool to find some folks to play/hang around with. I am in south OC...

Allan

Greetings and welcome. That Kala travel tenor sounds great. Good luck finding a uke group. You have come to the right place.

Greetings and welcome. That Kala travel tenor sounds great. Good luck finding a uke group. You have come to the right place.

Thanks Phil. I used to own a Jeep forum, so I am very aware of the benefits of joining them. This seems like e great group of folks also.

Welcome to UU. Lots of great people and info here.

Welcome! You might want to check this list out and see if you can find a uke group convenient to you - seems like there is a lot going on down your way.

That is awesome! There are a few meet-up groups in that list that are fairly close to me. I have already joined them on Meet-up!

Thanks so much for the welcomes everyone! I am so glad to be here...

Hey! I bought my first uke at Hanalei Strings too!

That is so cool! I found Alicia to be so nice and helpful...great experience...not so great when I went back a few days later to ask some questions...the guy that was there then did not have near as much of a friendly approach...I am stoked though with my purchase...what did you buy?

What part of SoCal are you in? San Diego and South Orange County here

I am in Aliso Viejo. Sounds like you are close by!

I have been to two Uke groups now. One at Island Bazaar last Thursday which was a little advanced for me (which is good to push me to learn more).", and one on Sunday at Molly Blooms which was easier to keep up with. I am so impressed with the aloha spirit I experience at these events. I am so enjoying the whole Ukulele experience!

There is a nice little uke store in San Diego -- Hale Ukulele. I think they offer classes if you decide to check it out. Welcome to UU.

Thanks so much for the welcomes everyone. So good to be here...I am constantly amazed at how easily a smile comes when playing a Uke....petty much any Uke for that matter...:eek:

Top Bottom