Thread: I hope I am doing it right...

Default I hope I am doing it right...

I do it a little differently then in the video's or my teacher told me to do it but I kinda liked it it this way when I was working on it.

I'm worried about if my Rhythm is right, and if the back-beat type thing is happening. Hard for me to know if I'm doing it right!

Going to E is really hard for me sometimes I think it will just come with time and practice. Its Somewhere over the rainbow IZ style incase its not clear lol. I hope I DID IT RIGHT!
    Last edited by pixiepurls; 05-11-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    Pono SM Bari
    Kala SM Tenor
    Martin CK1 Concert

First job is to get the chord changes down pat. Best way to do that is with a really slow tempo, down strums only and work on the problem changes, over and over and over again. I am working on the same song, it is a lot of fun because it is such a pretty song.

Your DD UU DU sounds real good, nice beat and feel. Do your daughters know the words to the song, make them sing it
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

You are doing great! Consistent practice/strumming sessions makes it better and better, doesn't it? Such a sweet sounding ukulele you have, there!
    Click a photo for information!

It sounds great, you've got some nice character coming through in your strumming. Just work on changing to the next chord in time, and it'll be ready for prime time.

Thread Information