Were Hav'n A HeatWave!

tHeDirTyJoHnSon

Reaction score
G'day Folks,,
Well i've heard all about Global Warming,, but this is just gett'n ridiculus,
i live in Geelong, Victoria, Australia,,, Our climate here is normally moderate,, in the past 2 weeks,, we have had 3-4 days,,0 Humidity,,45+degree heat days,, for those that work the other scale thats 113 Fahrenheit,, the hottest it got was 47c,,,117f,, thats a record for our region,, busting a previous record from about 80 yrs ago,,,
this heatwave has spark'd BushFires/WildFires, burning out of control in surrounding regional state forests,,so far killing 130 people and that count is still rising,,
Up in North Queenland,, they have experienced Huge downpours of rain, causing some devastating floods also in the past 2-3 weeks,,
,,, I'm sort of starting to think this Global Warming thing has kicked it up a gear, or is it,,,,,,,,,, all just a natural cycle of our planet?,, could it be us?,,, could the Bible be true?(AND WE ALL GONNA DIE,,, ARRRHGH),,,,,????,,,could it be Niburu???????????????????????? could it be Cows?
My Question to you,, the fine folk of UU ,,,Are you experienceing freak wheather patterns lately,,, I'm not a Religous/Doomsday goon,, but i do worry about Media Suppresion,,, let the truth be told, Brothers and Sisters and whats happaning out there??,,:anyone:

I saw a science program on the TV. The scientist had been drilling into the ice cap in greenland. Seems the ice is in layers like rings in the cross section of a tree. His opinion was that we are over due for an ice age. Be prepared, keep the sun block handy, but dont forget the woolen undies.

I don't believe in global warming...it snowed in Houston, TX in December, and there have been record breaking temperature lows all over the USA.:shaka:

I don't believe in global warming...it snowed in Houston, TX in December, and there have been record breaking temperature lows all over the USA.:shaka:

But Al Gore says Global Warming is true. It must be true, I mean he invented the internet and rid the world of Manbearpig!!!:D:D

Seriously keep cool and safe Dirty (and all the other Aussies out there) and I hope those fires get under control soon.

We had a freakishly cold/snowy December in Portland, OR this year (we're normally very moderate - rarely more than an inch or two of snow through an entire winter). January/February was unusually dry.

I believe in global warming/climate change, but it is silly to look at a relatively short time period and attribute it to the global warming. It is a matter of relative/average weather patterns as observed over a long period of time, not a matter of how hot or cold it is today - or this week - or this month - or even this year.

Weather patterns naturally cycle over centuries - the main question/concern as far as I see it is whether human activity will exaggerate the effects of the natural cycles. There is no question that there is a greater concentration of the so-called greenhouse gasses due to industrialization - now let's see if we can determine whether that is actually causing a problem or just contributing to the problem or even not powerful enough to contribute anything at all.

Unfortunately, I think we won't be able to "prove" anything until after the fact. Until then, it will be a matter of evaluating the evidence and making sound judgments based on what it suggests.

As for me, I'm all for cleaning up our emissions and our environment simply because I appreciate the beauty of the earth and don't care to look out on a landscape that has been littered/dumped on.

I'm pretty much with bbycrts in that I think any global warming/cooling that's going on is part of a natural cycle rather than a direct result of anything we're doing. (But at the same time I'm all for minimizing negative human impact on the planet.)

Be prepared, keep the sun block handy, but dont forget the woolen undies.
Or just wear woolen undies all the time...keeps you warm in case of global cooling, blocks the sun in case of global warming, keeps methane problems to a minimum, helps you lose weight, and prevents over-population.

Last edited:
We have had an abnormal amount of snow in Michigan, but not an abnormally cold winter. Some folks believe that the extra snow is a global warming thing...I tend to agree, but then again I have a poster of Al Gore above my bed, hug my maple tree on my way to the bike rack, wear Birkenstocks with socks, and sustainably grow my own ukuleles on a shrub in the backyard.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/11/031106052121.htm

its been reletively normal here, less snow then normal (from my past 7 years living in this area). For the CO2 emissions. I was watching bill nye's new show and her was talkingabout how cows produce more CO2 then all of man made objects (USA) put together. So my solution...kill the cows and live off pigs and soy/rice milk.

EVERY1 PREPARE FOR NIBIRU... !!!!

nah honestly, i dont believe in global warming ( lets not start a massive argument about it ) but yes, tsudawuda was right... people started those fires and kept re-lighting them.

it was about 45 celcius i think... where im at, love the beaches in Australia :D

also... send 1 of those uke trees this way :D

For the CO2 emissions. I was watching bill nye's new show and her was talkingabout how cows produce more CO2 then all of man made objects (USA) put together.
Hah...it's the vegetarians' fault!

I was told that arsonists started those fires.
Yes that is correct,,, it is comfirmed that some of the fires have been deliberately lit,, if caught,, they should be sent to the Firing squad,,, literally,,,
the death toll is up to 160+,, and the authority's are expecting to find more bodies,,,,

Funny thing that Global Warming,, i too personally don't believe in the story we are getting told,,, There is enough information out there to suggest that these strange wheather patterns or cycles could be caused by many different contributing factors or force's other than manmade,
whats even funnier, is world governments squallering on how we are going to fix it,, and create a clean energy supply to do away with our obsession with fossil fuels,,
Some poor bastard named Nikola Tesla did it nearly 100yrs ago,,,,and boy,,, did he get screwed,,,,
And whats even funnier again,, is they expect us to buy this bullsh@t, and believe that it is our fault,,,,,,,,
i don't know what i believe anymore,,,

Last edited:
i would say its probably just the natural cycles of the planet, maybe a little bit of help from pollution, but we can't give ourselves ALL the credit, ya know?

it is amazingly warm today, and then in a day its gonna be super cold again - but then again it is michigan. this sort of thing just happens anywayy.
MI4lyfe

another thing that you never here is that ocean tempretures have stayed the same. if the earth was reallt warming outside of the natural cycle the ceam temps should raise a fair amount.

Here where I live we finally got RAIN the past few days. Here, it's like we only have 3 seasons; right after Fall is Spring. >.> It's always hot here...Winter or not. It's TERRIBLE.
Then out of no where it runs/gets really cold for a few days then goes back to super hot.

Top Bottom