Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Build Thread: StewMac Tenor Ukulele Kit

I recognise that this is resurrecting an old post, but I have just spent the last hour following this post from start to finish.

I’d like to congratulate you in producing such a thorough walk through of the entire process of ‘building’ your beautiful ukulele

Yesterday, I received a box of ‘parts’ for my self build Tenor (not StewMac), and this post will help me immensely (including the pitfalls and tips).

Thank you, Thank you Thank you
    (and also a big thank you to the others that added to your post providing useful pointers)

Here goes nothing!
    just need to purchase a few tools!
    #buildauke
    'All the gear, no idea’
    KM-Ukuleles
    Ukuleles from the heart!

Kev, good luck with your build, I'm sure you'll have a great time. My uke has become my no. 1 stage uke and I've played over 100 gigs with it now. I really got lucky with my build! Haha! PM me if you have any questions.

I also created the same exact thread with the same posts/pictures on the acoustic guitar forum. You may find some useful info in that thread as well because the other luthiers chimed it a bit.

New Brunswick, Canada...Maui in the winter

Joe & Jackie,
    Thanks so much for your well written detailed notes and pictures!
    Aloha
    Terry

You're very welcome Terry, hope it's helpful. I'm no expert but if you have any questions I'll give it my best shot.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguam View Post
    Kev, good luck with your build, I'm sure you'll have a great time.
    I also created the same exact thread with the same posts/pictures on the acoustic guitar forum. You may find some useful info in that thread as well because the other luthiers chimed it a bit.
    Thanks for your advice, I have just registered on the guitar forum, the more I read the better!
    'All the gear, no idea’
    KM-Ukuleles
    Ukuleles from the heart!

Yes, a classic blow-by-blow build thread. I loved it... Would love to see a video of you performing with the ukulele.... Question: Is there anything you would have done differently in hindsight?

Thread Information