Build Thread: StewMac Tenor Ukulele Kit

I recognise that this is resurrecting an old post, but I have just spent the last hour following this post from start to finish.

I’d like to congratulate you in producing such a thorough walk through of the entire process of ‘building’ your beautiful ukulele

Yesterday, I received a box of ‘parts’ for my self build Tenor (not StewMac), and this post will help me immensely (including the pitfalls and tips).

Thank you, Thank you Thank you
(and also a big thank you to the others that added to your post providing useful pointers)

Here goes nothing!
just need to purchase a few tools!
#buildauke

Kev, good luck with your build, I'm sure you'll have a great time. My uke has become my no. 1 stage uke and I've played over 100 gigs with it now. I really got lucky with my build! Haha! PM me if you have any questions.

0899880C-5ABB-44B2-8932-F2CDD2CCF742_zpsqrzazvbq.jpg

I also created the same exact thread with the same posts/pictures on the acoustic guitar forum. You may find some useful info in that thread as well because the other luthiers chimed it a bit.

You're very welcome Terry, hope it's helpful. I'm no expert but if you have any questions I'll give it my best shot. :)

Kev, good luck with your build, I'm sure you'll have a great time.
I also created the same exact thread with the same posts/pictures on the acoustic guitar forum. You may find some useful info in that thread as well because the other luthiers chimed it a bit.

Thanks for your advice, I have just registered on the guitar forum, the more I read the better!

Yes, a classic blow-by-blow build thread. I loved it... Would love to see a video of you performing with the ukulele.... Question: Is there anything you would have done differently in hindsight?

Top Bottom