Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma?

Default Oklahoma?

Hey fellow Oklahomans! Just wondering who else lives here and plays ukulele...
    I haven't seen very many people here that play uke... haha

I live in Norman. Been playing 4 months or so. I recall reading about a poster in Stillwater and one other one, I think grand lake area or something.

Both of these were from the introductions thread and I don't read it regularly, so maybe we've got more posters here from OK.

The shop down the street from me sells a few Makala(IIRC) sopranos a year. Some of my guitar player friends have a uke. Nobody I know plays much though.

Whoa no way! I'm at OU! It's good to know that someone is here! Yeah I've been playing the uke for almost a year now, and the music store near campus only sold one ukulele-guitar (which I bought!), but they kind of think its a joke.

Sweet. I'm OU alumni. Raised up the road in OKC. I moved down here in 99 to start college and decided I like living down here better.

I'm trying to talk Norman Music(on Gray) into getting dealer status for one of the "K" brands. I don't think the demand is high enough though.

I am in Lawton .

Youtube | Facebook http://twitter.com/#!/stephenUKE

Mainland red cedar tenor Lanikai O-8 from MIM! Luna HONU Soprano. Gold Tone Concert Banjo . I am converting people to the ukulele one strum at a time

Default ukulele girl in okc

Hey I am in OKC and have been playing for 4 months. I cant find aonyone that play! Anyone interested in getting together to play?

Hey there! I'm in Stillwater. If you all decide to get together to play, let me know.

OKC Music & Sound in OKC doesn't carry the 4 K's, but they do carry Pono, Kala, and an occasional Collings. It's nice to be able to try out some decent ukes as an alternative to ordering over the Internet.

Here on UU there's a social group called the Mudd Dobbers comprised of players in OK. (But, not many folks post there.)

I am in Tulsa, let me know if anyone on UU is here as well?

Default Oklahoma city

Hi all,
    I'm from OKC.... I started the other thread for okc meetup... Robin at okc music has offered his store for a meeting place... He says Tues. or Thurs. evenings are best... he has a great selection of ukes there.... (I don't work for him!) Let's try to get something together if we can...

Bill

Default OKC Meetup

How about next Tuesday, Oct. 20th? If this is a good day for all, I'll ask Robin if this is also a good day for him... What time would be good for you folks? I'll need to know that I'm guessing before I talk with him... Let me hear from you!!!

Bill

Thread Information