Ukulele pickups?

Aceaviator91

Reaction score
Hey again,

I was wondering if there are any Ukulele pick ups that I can use where I wont have to modify my uke? Or should I just save up for an acusitc electric Ukulele?

thanks,
Zach

You can use soundboard transducer pickup - just like the one for classical/acoustic guitar or violin. Many of UU people have them.
Or you can try to install undersaddle pickup on your own.
You can see on Rigk's from RISA Music video that it is not as difficult as it semms.
Here's the linkt to the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLUDWoh-cE

Here's what the "Search" feature generated

you can make em out of old cordless phones, with a lil soldering/wiring skill, could even make the am if you got the time. check out one of my favorite magazine/blogs: MAKE, makezine.com/blog and try searching for "guitar pickup"

I got one

"You wanna go back to my place and make some music?"

for girls "Is that a ukulele in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

oh wait a minute... that's not the kind of pickup you're talking about.

@ Paw123los ,thanks for posting that YouTube link. Ive been playing ukulele for quite a while now and finally want to install an after market pickup into my Lanikai Baritone. I was at a guitar store last night..There was a pickup there similar to the one in the video. It was priced at $89.99 but i was unfamiliar with the products name. Unfortunately I forgot the name as well,,but it was Hawaiian and started with an R.
I didnt purchase the pickup because i felt the need to research what was best and for what cost. Here at the forum Ive seen the product
'Mi-Si Acoustic Trio Pick-up' discussed with a good rating-elsewhere online too.
I was wondering If anyone here could suggest a decent aftermarket pickup at a decent price too.
@Aceaviator91 What did you finally do for your ukulele?
(did i awake a 4 year old thread by chance? lol)

Top Bottom