New Member From Kent, UK

ArteMiss

Reaction score
Hello my name is Mandi and I am from Kent in the UK!

I am a soprano ukulele player but also, most recently, a bass ukulele player! My Kala UBass Rumbler is my pride and joy!

I also perform in a ukulele girl band called ArteMiss (http://www.artemisstrio.com). We are mainly a cover band but we also write original songs too.

Here's me leading the girls in our original 'Curtain Call'

I'm looking forward to joining in the conversation and learning a lot from my fellow ukers!

Mandi x

Hi Mandi and welcome! What a great song, and really well performed! Well done.... that touched a chord! (Notice the dressing room pic there....? ) Amateur operatics, not am-dram.....

Benvingudes (welcome lasses) as we'd say here in Catalonia. Great video and song. You guys should check out "The Season of the Ukulele" a weekly opportunity here on the site to contribute a song (original or cover) on a theme set by that week's host. Last week's was Sci-Fi, this weeks is Parodies and Puppets.

I once lived in Nonington, Kent. My SO was doing a theatre course there. It's the worst place in Britain to be poor in IME.

I used to teach drama in Liverpool and Northampton, but fled abroad some years ago and have made a new life for myself in Catalonia as a translator.

I look forward to hearing more from you (love the harmonies).

If you'd like to hear another theatrical inspired song, here is my original called "The Final Curtain Call" - which parallels life with a theatre run.

Thanks everyone! I'm so glad the song has hit a chord ;-) Barbalanca I LOVE The Final Curtain Call. Great song! Very moving!

Im really chuffed with the warm welcome, loads of great discussions going on too! I think this will be my new internet home! :D

Welcome to UU, Mandi.

Just for future reference, I'm the one everyone pretends to be offended by, but secretly thinks "damn, I wish I'd said that!" *

* Just kidding. They actually do hate me.

Top Bottom