Hacking psp slim?

I personally like my psp slim clean. its more pure that way.

go to psphacks.com
i think thats the name. anyways you need custom firmware first.

if u wanna put homebrew stuff and emus on ur psp slim, gotta downgrade the firmware, cuz no one has cracked the new updates yet.

Basicly you have to downgrade your PSP first to the firmware version 1.50. You must check if there is a downgrade for your Firmware version. If you got that you are almost there (google for PSP slim downgrader or downgrade).
Then you will need a Costum Firmware like 3.80 M33 (or what ever. But don't do any offical upgrades from sony). So that you still can play the new games and isos.

I would like to give you more information but I downgraded mine 1 year ago and now everything is diffrent. Its great cause you can play ISOs and there are all kind of emulators and some cool tools.

I hope I gave you the right keywords to find more informations with google.
gl

Last edited:
i havent used my psp since i got my ds.. too much of a hassle to keep up with all their firmware updates and hacking and everything

I would like to give you more information but I downgraded mine 1 year ago and now everything is diffrent. Its great cause you can play ISOs and there are all kind of emulators and some cool tools.

gl

ya same here, i downgraded my regular psp before but never the slim one (since i dont have it). i kind of stopped keeping track of the psp scene right after the slim came out.

Anyone know how to do it? I wanna put a game boy emulator on it.

seriously, i do not reccommend you do this at all, my friend did it to my original psp and you cannot get it back to normal.. i mean emulator is great and all but to me, it wasnt worth it... You have to keep updating it and you can brick it..

Unless you are a really smart nerd and know what to do and how to keep updating it etc..

300 dollars later i got my slim psp ^^

Basicly you have to downgrade your PSP first to the firmware version 1.50. You must check if there is a downgrade for your Firmware version. If you got that you are almost there (google for PSP slim downgrader or downgrade).
Then you will need a Costum Firmware like 3.80 M33 (or what ever. But don't do any offical upgrades from sony). So that you still can play the new games and isos.

gl

and yeah you need to downgrade 1st, my friend said you have to do it with particullar games... not sure if he is right though

My reccomendation is that you don't downgrade. I know you can get custom firmware that lets you play the new games and browse the internet, but Sony keeps releasing new features and demos that really make downgrading pointless. The emulator is nice, but if you want an emulator, a safer and better way is to import a special cartridge for the DS that is like a micro SD adaptor which allows you to run emulators (for a variety of previous gaming platforms) as well as actual DS games, on the DS safely.

My reccomendation is that you don't downgrade. I know you can get custom firmware that lets you play the new games and browse the internet, but Sony keeps releasing new features and demos that really make downgrading pointless. The emulator is nice, but if you want an emulator, a safer and better way is to import a special cartridge for the DS that is like a micro SD adaptor which allows you to run emulators (for a variety of previous gaming platforms) as well as actual DS games, on the DS safely.

Thanks for the advice! Yeah that sounds better. I used to have that flash cartridge for the GBA, I guess i'll try import one. It would probably be better on the DS anyways, I can't get my psp away from my girlfriend, she's constantly playing puzzle quest.

Top Bottom