Bari me please!

pabrizzer

Reaction score
Bari Me Please

Record a performance using baritone ukulele.
One continuous take.
NO effects or enhancements please. Just you and your bari as recorded.
No amplification – just acoustic performances please.
Bari and voice only or just instrumental bari – no other instruments please.
Just you and your bari – no duets – groups etc.
Standard bari tuning – with low D only please.

New recordings for this challenge only please and state somewhere that it was done for the Bari Me Thread on UU.

I’ll wrap the whole thing up on June 15.

I will let you know the entry that I enjoy the most.
This doesn’t mean that they are the winner and others aren’t - it just means that I like that entry best.

The reward for being my favourite will be a set of Bari strings so you are not entering for the prizes just for the bari joy!

I’ll make a comment on each entry and welcome others to do the same.
You are welcome to do more than one entry.

BARI ME PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Here's my first. I've been waiting for an excuse to record this song I first saw Todd Baio do. It's "Sue Cow" by Bo Carter. No idea on the original recording date. I liked ToddB's version so much I had to figure it out. I couldn't figure out his picking exactly but I got pretty close.

This is my first attempt at recording using the iPad. I recorded through a Apogee MiC into garage band and added a basic percussion track to keep things in time. I exported the audio to AIFF and mixed audio and video in Magix Pro. I really need to get a better camera than this Flip.

Played on my Pono mahogany.

Here's my first. I've been waiting for an excuse to record this song I first saw Todd Baio do. It's "Sue Cow" by Bo Carter. No idea on the original recording date. I liked ToddB's version so much I had to figure it out. I couldn't figure out his picking exactly but I got pretty close.

This is my first attempt at recording using the iPad. I recorded through a Apogee MiC into garage band and added a basic percussion track to keep things in time. I exported the audio to AIFF and mixed audio and video in Magix Pro. I really need to get a better camera than this Flip.

Played on my Pono mahogany.

Well this is just superb Andrew!
I'm not sure you haven't bent a few of my requests though. Have you added a little reverb or something?

I am sure glad you did this as it gave me an excuse to revisit Todd's.
He just comes into the shot - plays it and then exits. Just the kind of thing I was hoping for this thread.
The guy is brilliant and did you see that he recently posted a new video after a long time with nothing coming through?
It makes me wonder why he can't make a living out of his talent when such mediocre stuff seems to get such exposure these days.

BTW I think yours is really just as good. A little more produced - but skillfully and delightfully done. Thank you!

Looking forward to more from you Andrew. I would really love one straight from camera to upload.
Raw is what I am after.
Like we were in a room sharing our bari songs.

Last edited:
Guess I should have read that more clearly. I did record the vocals separately and added the drums. I didn't check the reverb settings in garage band but I am still figuring all the settins out. If this is disqualified, no problem I have a couple others I'd like to try as well.

Mate there's no disqualifications here but I do want it to me more just like being together and sharing what we do.

I hope it came across that I thought that was just fabulous.
A brilliant job!
You should post it over on Links and Videos as well because it deserves LOTS of views.

No worries!

Hopefully this is one is more what you were looking for. I've been meaning to record this one for a while now. This seems like a good occasion to use it. Standard DGBE but I did use a capo.

No worries!

Hopefully this is one is more what you were looking for. I've been meaning to record this one for a while now. This seems like a good occasion to use it. Standard DGBE but I did use a capo.

Exactly what I'm after - just like me being there and you playin' this one for me.

Great job and the song has me doing some thinking - am I meant to take a side - amazes me that we have all been come heres but we don't like any more come heres comin'. The (ab)original been heres were (are) rarely treated well.
Thank you Andrew.

great contest Brian. Did this one last night for you. Hope you like it mate, I chose it cause I could picture you doing it, and way better than me. I don't have any low D strings sorry but did my best to get that low rumble on. It's a song by Richard Buckner who is my favourite musical artist of all time. Never bothered trying to cover his stuff cause it feels like a travesty. He has a voice unlike anyone else I've ever heard but if anyone could do his music I think you could. Cheers mate.

Gee. This is so good and I love what you have done here.
That new bari sounds so fabulous and it is certainly a thing of beauty.
You have done the song real justice I say.
Brilliant playing and grand vocals!
You really bring the passion and feeling out in what you do, Jon and that is a special talent!
Thank you so much for doing something for this thread.

Here's a little 3 chord original I've been working on on my Tiki flea.
Thought I'd try it on the bari and post it here to encourage others to post their bari songs here too.

Pabrizzer - I've been so busy with wrapping things up at work and putting in the garden that I haven't been around UU much. I only just saw this thread. I'm in - I love my baritones (I have three). I'll find a bari tune to record just for you. Maybe three - one for each bari. :)

Top Bottom