L.A. Ukulele Expo World Record Attempt UU REPRESENT!

facemeltingukulele

Reaction score
Howzit UU! U-Space along with the JACCC is putting on an Ukulele Expo on June 28th! Lots of great FREE activities, including a world record attempt, entertainment on the plaza stage and Ohana Music is sponsoring our Ukulele Lanai, with free beginner ukulele lessons and 30 loaner Ohana ukes for those without.

For our world record attempt it would be super awesome to have a sea of UU shirts. We'll be grouping people in sections of 50 so I hope to see more than a few sections of UU shirts, I'll wear mine if you wear yours :D.

ukeexpo_600.jpg

L.A. UKULELE EXPO
June 28, 2014

The Japanese American Cultural and Community Center and U-Space present the L.A. Ukulele Expo – with an attempt to break the Guiness world record for the largest ‘ukulele ensemble, and an entire day filled the hottest performers, teachers, films, and vendors from the ‘ukulele community. Workshops will be conducted by award-winning internationally acclaimed artists Daniel Ho, Abe Lagrimas Jr., Sarah Maisel, Steven Espaniola, and more.

2135 is the number of people L.A. needs to beat the current world record for Largest ‘Uke Ensemble held by Yokohama, Japan. Grab your ‘uke or purchase one at the Expo and bring a few friends! 6-time GRAMMY award winner Daniel Ho will be leading the ensemble with "Pineapple Mango."

The L.A. Ukulele Expo is the place to be for all things ‘Ukulele in Los Angeles!

LAukuleleEXPO.com

Are different sections going to be playing different parts of the Pineapple Mango or will it just be the solo? I guess I'd better brush up on it.

Looking forward to this big event THIS SATURDAY! Hope everyone who plays a uke in Southern California is planning to attend?:D

And taking the UkuleleTrain to get there!

Unfortunately, I cannot make it. I'm crossing my fingers the record attempt doesn't fall one short or I'll feel awfully guilty!

Good luck!

Now I need to pack another shirt. :)

Top Bottom