My needs have changed since ordering the East-Start Alida arch-top electric.

After the long four month wait, adding the new tailpieces, new steel strings, new nut, new knobs, doing the finish stain of the f-hole edges, I've came to the conclusion that my needs have changed and I'm going to sell my East-Start Alida arch-top electric uke.

At the time I was deep in the throws of UAS, and when seeing the arch-top online, I instigated the group buy. During the long wait time, I've learned so much more about playing the ukulele, about what and how I want to play, that I'm sorry to say, this Alida electric is just not it. So I'm going to sell it for what I paid $254 (even though I put in about $50 additional).

Please see my post in Uke Marketplace if you would like to buy it.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...tring-East-Start-Alida-Uke-with-Hard-Case-254

ALso maybe if you tried a RISA or Blue Star konablaster you may enjoy electric ukes more.
Their much more high quality. It's the difference between buying a Cheap Ibenez starter electric
vs playing a Les paul or fender strat.

Nope, found out I'm just not interested in a steel string uke. My eyes were bigger than my stomach.

Ive repeated that cycle about 5 times. You will come back to steel strings; i guarantee it ;)

Never say never, but not in the foreseeable future.

I really depends on what kind of musician you are. If you are a folk or general musician maybe not.
For me i'm an experimental musician who makes ambient music now with only stringed instruments
who has a folk background I see electric ukes as a very useful tool in sound creation.

That's not me, I'm selling the Alida because I've come to the realization that a steel string uke doesn't suit me. I really like the nylon string full body sound of the ukulele. I play lot's of different music, but if I want the electric steel sound, I'll use my Fender Telecaster, Ibanez steel string acoustic, or Ibanez steel string arch-top, but to tell you the truth, I haven't touched my guitars since starting on the ukulele last June/July. So anybody interested in the Alida, please get in touch.

That's not me, I'm selling the Alida because I've come to the realization that a steel string uke doesn't suit me. I really like the nylon string full body sound of the ukulele. I play lot's of different music, but if I want the electric steel sound, I'll use my Fender Telecaster, Ibanez steel string acoustic, or Ibanez steel string arch-top, but to tell you the truth, I haven't touched my guitars since starting on the ukulele last June/July. So anybody interested in the Alida, please get in touch.

I may be interested if i can hear some sound samples being its a hollow body i'm not 100 % sure it will suit the style of music I do.
I understand what you are saying about acoustic ukes version electric. I think the difference really is the same as acoustic guitar vs electric guitar. For me I play uke better than guitar but as an ambient artist i need to utilize effects pedals etc and I need the sustain and lack of feedback electric steel strings give me so to me an electric guitar i would have less advantage being I play uke better but can achieve the same end results as guitar for the music I make.

I may be interested if i can hear some sound samples being its a hollow body i'm not 100 % sure it will suit the style of music I do.

Worry not about the hollow body this baby sounds like a rock monster through a good pedal. Here is an original song I did for the Seasons using my Alida - there are five different sounds on this one (as the song develops I changed the sounds using a pedal). A clean sound, a phased sound a chorus and two heavier sounds (one a cut through anything lead sound).

I've also got it to do long sweeping ambient stuff through my pedal using the assignable wah-wah style pedal as a volume controller. No recording of my doodling on that though ;)

Worry not about the hollow body this baby sounds like a rock monster through a good pedal. Here is an original song I did for the Seasons using my Alida - there are five different sounds on this one (as the song develops I changed the sounds using a pedal). A clean sound, a phased sound a chorus and two heavier sounds (one a cut through anything lead sound).

I've also got it to do long sweeping ambient stuff through my pedal using the assignable wah-wah style pedal as a volume controller. No recording of my doodling on that though ;)

good playing and sounds cool actually sounds ukey.
I actually make drone based ambient/minimal music which relies on HEAVY use
of effects. this is what i have done with my konablaster solid body steel string electric uke
http://iamesper.bandcamp.com/album/a-dream-of-someplace-else-ep

im not sure if a hollow body like that would work for what i do.

My Alida has a strong buzz on the C string at the first four frets, needs fret dressing and maybe nut work.

Just waiting for the right buyer. Overall, this is a very nice uke, it's built well, just needs some fine tuning.

Hi Justin. Some nice Brian Eno-like stuff on that site. If you aren't using any synths at all, it's amazing. However, I don't see why the Alida wouldn't make any of those sounds through the right pedal board. The sustain is long on the Alida - a lot longer than on the Epiphone Les Paul, that's for sure.

Hi Justin. Some nice Brian Eno-like stuff on that site. If you aren't using any synths at all, it's amazing. However, I don't see why the Alida wouldn't make any of those sounds through the right pedal board. The sustain is long on the Alida - a lot longer than on the Epiphone Les Paul, that's for sure.

no synths I don't play key boards I hate them.
my project was guitar based ambient only
and now ukulele based ambient only.
I'm still thinking something solid body would
be better I may wait for one day when
I can pay Bruce from blue star to make a custom
tenor konablaster for me I love my baritone
one a lot but I'd also like something custom too.
and thanks I'm glad you enjoy my music
I don't believe in synths it's cheap
I like to create the sounds and texture with
my own hands and and mind rather
than computerized crap.

Last edited:

I did this one with the epiphone les paul
http://iamesper.bandcamp.com/album/sundogs-ep it was ok I sold it however
i wasn't able to get the sound I wanted with it

Please iamesperambient, start a new thread, I want people to know that I'm selling my uke and not get distracted with other stuff.

Top Bottom