Want to buy, Crossrock xtreme discontinued ABS Tenor uke case

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
The one am looking for is with indented slim neck profile and silver binding and this type of handle.
If you would want to sell yours and if in silver or blue let me know..thank you here are pictures of it...
Beau Hannam  9.15.13 007.jpg

Last edited:
Funny, Stan ... I have been pondering buying the Crossrock ABS case for a few days & came upon your thread from some time ago where you posted the pics that were originally from Beau Hannam. Isn't this the same model as the one's on Elderly (LINK) & Amazon (CROSSROCK-BLUE ABS)?? I've seen them a few places, but finally decided that the aluminum trim ring -- I have some old Ovation guitars that have the same ring on the cases, which are fine with the composite back, but present a major obstacle to ease of in/out on the Kanile'a K-2T that I need the case for. Ya know ... a few MaiTai's, or let one of my pals play her ... & DONG ! ..another dinger in the body or mirror finish. I really like this (ABS) case too! Only potential negative issue (besides that obnoxious metal ring around the entire case..) I've come upon is off-gassing them for a few days to remove the sometimes crazily strong glue/chemical odor.

Was actually looking at the Chinese fiberglass water-resistant (has a semi-efficient looking rubber seal anyway..) one's on Ebay for like $140'ish (CASE LINK) but no dimensions provided, I'm not sure I'd trust them on a response ... & as you know, the Kanile'a bouts are a bit wider than most tenor bodies..

Anyhow, I ended up settling on the Crossrock Tweed model -- I'll have to add some rubber feet, a few brass D-rings & order a custom strap, as I like to be able to sling a few cases (always carrying too much crap..) around the shoulders, in addition to having the std handle. I had a friend that saw them (all the Crossrocks - specifically the Tweed model..) at NAMM & said the fit/finish was spot on ... unlike the Staggs, Uke Crazy etc..

I certainly hope that's the 'case' - pun intended.. :cool:

Hope you find what you're looking for -- I suspect there's something different about the specific one you're inquiring about..

Aloha, bud..

Last edited:
Funny, Stan ... I have been pondering buying the Crossrock ABS case for a few days & came upon your thread from some time ago where you posted the pics that were originally from Beau Hannam. Isn't this the same model as the one's on Elderly (LINK) & Amazon (CROSSROCK-BLUE ABS)?? I've seen them a few places, but finally decided that the aluminum trim ring -- I have some old Ovation guitars that have the same ring on the cases, which are fine with the composite back, but present a major obstacle to ease of in/out on the Kanile'a K-2T that I need the case for. Ya know ... a few MaiTai's, or let one of my pals play her ... & DONG ! ..another dinger in the body or mirror finish. I really like this (ABS) case too! Only potential negative issue (besides that obnoxious metal ring around the entire case..) I've come upon is off-gassing them for a few days to remove the sometimes crazily strong glue/chemical odor.

Was actually looking at the Chinese fiberglass water-resistant (has a semi-efficient looking rubber seal anyway..) one's on Ebay for like $140'ish (CASE LINK) but no dimensions provided, I'm not sure I'd trust them on a response ... & as you know, the Kanile'a bouts are a bit wider than most tenor bodies..

Anyhow, I ended up settling on the Crossrock Tweed model -- I'll have to add some rubber feet, a few brass D-rings & order a custom strap, as I like to be able to sling a few cases (always carrying too much crap..) around the shoulders, in addition to having the std handle. I had a friend that saw them (all the Crossrocks - specifically the Tweed model..) at NAMM & said the fit/finish was spot on ... unlike the Staggs, Uke Crazy etc..

I certainly hope that's the 'case' - pun intended.. :cool:

Hope you find what you're looking for -- I suspect there's something different about the specific one you're inquiring about..

Aloha, bud..
Yes if you look at the particular case in the picture...the neck part is different of what they got online...it goes in on mine with a cutaway on the neck area, while the others are straight
Yes I like the plastice for durability and the grey color does not show dirt or is not too flashy. it is a strong case and mine did not have any odor
as for the aluminum binding..It has not given me a problem with nicking, just got to be careful...and I like the look..it's probally the best case I
have and ever liked...way better than the black or tweed cases I own...I know they have guitar cases....I will send you a link from the company
these particular one is rare and discontinued and I prefer them more...might be lighter with the neck cutaway too..one thing it does not have
strap hookups but I dont use them either...http://www.globalsoundtechnology.com.au/crossrock/ukulele/moulded_ABS_cases

Last edited:
Aloha Stan,

If you give Larry's Music Center in Kapa'a (Kauai) a call, I believe the cases they sell for their Kamoa ukes are crossrock cases and may be what you are looking for. Their cases are shown here.

http://kamoaukulelecompany.com/info.php?id=3

Just be prepared for the owner to explain to you that whatever ukulele you're putting into it is absolute rubbish compared to his Kamoa's (I had a really irritating visit when I made the mistake of stopping there to look at a Kanile'a tenor he had hanging up).

Matt

Aloha Stan,

If you give Larry's Music Center in Kapa'a (Kauai) a call, I believe the cases they sell for their Kamoa ukes are crossrock cases and may be what you are looking for. Their cases are shown here.

Just be prepared for the owner to explain to you that whatever ukulele you're putting into it is absolute rubbish compared to his Kamoa's (I had a really irritating visit when I made the mistake of stopping there to look at a Kanile'a tenor he had hanging up).

Matt

Good luck Stan....haha

I have heard the story of your experience with the Kanile'a from some people here on Oahu...wow!
sorry...sometimes the Aloha does not rub off on some locals... :)

Good luck Stan....haha

I have heard the story of your experience with the Kanile'a from some people here on Oahu...wow!
sorry...sometimes the Aloha does not rub off on some locals... :)

Aloha Len,
???? What story...I have a Kanilea and love my baritone and also like Joe and Kirsten and family very much..
they make fine instuments man.... you may have me mixed up with a guy that was not happy with his Aldrine Model

I remember that story -- looooooooooong thread about the dude repetitively trying to get some warranty issues handled with Joe & Kristen. I'm likely SOL if I have any issues with the K-2 which require Joe's intervention, as I bought her pre-handled (used) but man, can she sing!! I think I am reserving a place, along with my 35 year old Les Paul, in my burial crypt -- perfect degree of curl (not so much as to require x-tra bracing, but enough to be visually outstanding!) on her..

Just be prepared for the owner to explain to you that whatever ukulele you're putting into it is absolute rubbish compared to his Kamoa

Somehow, I don't think Stan will have an issue with that at all - we can all only endeavor to have our own personal warehouse (pfft - me with my silly climate-controlled - on 'da mainland, anyway - geetar/uke room..) to house all of our Uke prizes.. Stan 'da man! ;)

Oh, & mahalo for the link, Stan - sending you a request.. :cheers:

Aloha Len,
???? What story...I have a Kanilea and love my baritone and also like Joe and Kirsten and family very much..
they make fine instuments man.... you may have me mixed up with a guy that was not happy with his Aldrine Model

hey Stan...the guy has no problems with Kanile'a....I like Joe too...and I love my Kanile'a

he just saying he had a hard time buying one when he was on Kauai....try read his post again... :)

Last edited:
I remember that story -- looooooooooong thread about the dude repetitively trying to get some warranty issues handled with Joe & Kristen. I'm likely SOL if I have any issues with the K-2 which require Joe's intervention, as I bought her pre-handled (used) but man, can she sing!! I think I am reserving a place, along with my 35 year old Les Paul, in my burial crypt -- perfect degree of curl (not so much as to require x-tra bracing, but enough to be visually outstanding!) on her

Somehow, I don't think Stan will have an issue with that at all - we can all only endeavor to have our own personal warehouse (pfft - me with my silly climate-controlled - on 'da mainland, anyway - geetar/uke room..) to house all of our Uke prizes.. Stan 'da man! ;)

Oh, & mahalo for the link, Stan - sending you a request.. :cheers:

just to make it clear...

I am not talking about problems with a Kanile'a K-2....that someone else had...
not bashing Kanile'a in no way....

I am saying someone had a problem buying a Kanile'a on Kauai...nothing to do with warranty etc....

back to the subject..

Stan I saw Corey just sell one of those cases...a Kanile'a slotted headstock tenor fit perfect in the case...
might of been the last one...check with them

hey Stan...the guy has no problems with Kanile'a....I like Joe too...and I love my Kanile'a

he just saying he had a hard time buying one when he was on Kauai....try read his post again... :)

Ah Len..
thank you for clearing it up with me......the way you written it sounded like it was me who had problems with kanilea... thank you :)
I guess you did not separate your well wishes of me finding a crossrock extreme case and your reply to Matt on his experience with a uke company on kauai..
Matt and I do love kanilea and joe and kirsten and their ukes...but you know that already... :) mahalo again

Last edited:
back to the subject..

Stan I saw Corey just sell one of those cases...a Kanile'a slotted headstock tenor fit perfect in the case...
might of been the last one...check with them

Mahalo Len...they still get them with the cutaway neck profile.....cool Andrew told me they were out that's why...and had the new models in...
yes I know the concert case fits my treasured ukes well...

Aloha Stan,

Matt

Mahalo Matt....I am looking for the older model with the cutaway neck profile....those are the newer models...hope you doing well man and Happy strummings

Top Bottom