Ipad Apps for Uke

brimmer

Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that will let me find and write uke chords on my tablet. I would love to be able to write Uke tab on my iPad but I don't see anything like that. But to be able to quickly write chord diagrams/grids would help me create arrangements on the fly.

Any suggestions? I see there is an app called Guitar Toolkit by Agile Partners that supposedly does uke chords. Anyone tried this app, or anything else to write chord charts.

I see apps with uke tuners and metronomes, but that's not what I'm looking for...

Yes I have Guitar toolkit and it is awesome for working out chord progressions. I think you need an in-app purchase to unlock the full potential like creating your own tunings and such - I can't remember what all comes with the base app.

Progression is probably the best app for making tab but if you just want chords, GT is the way to go.

Thanks! Do you know if guitar toolkit lets you customize the tuning (e.g., low G)? I looked at Progression and it appears there is a preset uke tuning, high G only...

Yes, GT does let you customize tuning - low G, high G, baritone (low and high) or make your own even if you want to try all fourths or all Gs or whatever - as wacky as you wanna be. Again, I don't recall how much of this in in the base price but the upgrade is well worth it anyway.

Progression lets you customize your own tuning as well but it is a little harder to configure.

Top Bottom