Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! Need to sell Mainland CM Matte Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by OldePhart View Post
    Yep...just tell her you realized that ukes are cheaper than mistresses...
    There are a lot of things you could compare your uke costs to.

Golf is a notoriously expensive hobby, greens fees can cost a small fortune. Other people are into cars or clothes/jewelry or dining out at fancy restaurants or whatever.

My husband spent more on a home theater sound system than I've spent on all my ukes put together. But I knew it meant a lot to him, and he knew my ukes meant a lot to me. So we didn't begrudge each other such things.

EDIT: Oh, and I have seven tenors. One each of soprano, concert and baritone, and a guitalele. But tenors are my thing.
    Last edited by itsme; 06-11-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Tri-Valley (East SF Bay Area) / Lahaina, HI

I'm going to bring it to my uke class tonight in Berkeley.
    Sorry, off sale topic - but was wondering if you're doing the advanced classes at DaSilva or a member of the Berk Uke Club?? Was curious about what kind of turn out those classes get & if it's worth the ~half-hour or so drive each way -- I'm sadly back on 'da mainland for what appears to be a fair stretch..

I think the price is fine, your wife joined UU the day after you just to keep an eye on things and has already allocated the proceeds from the sale.

Just tell spouse that each ukulele reminds you of a certain joyous event in your lives (think quickly of a few). Cement that by naming each ukulele appropriately. If it works, let me know and I'll try it, too.
    ...SteveZ

Ukuleles: Oscar Schmidt OU28T (T8), Lanikai LU-6 (T6), RISA Solid (C), Effin UkeStart (C), Flea (S)**
    Banjo-Ukes: Duke 10 (T)*, Lanikai LB6-S (S)*
    Tenor Guitars: Martin TEN515, Blueridge BR-40T
    Tenor Banjo: Deering Goodtime 17-Fret
    Mandolin: Burgess (#7)***

* CGDA reentrant, **DAEB, ***GDAE, The rest are CGDA

The inventory is always in some flux, but that's part of the fun.

Just make sure that the names aren't those of old girlfriends...
    Lanikai SMP-TCA Monkeypod Tenor * RISA Uke-Solid Tenor * Kala KA-TG tenor * Ken Timms Style 0 Soprano * Ohana SK-38 Soprano * Mainland Honeybee Soprano * 1930's KlearTone banjolele
    1920's Favilla soprano * 1920's Criterion birch soprano * Makala Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by NoKaOi View Post
    Sorry, off sale topic - but was wondering if you're doing the advanced classes at DaSilva or a member of the Berk Uke Club?? Was curious about what kind of turn out those classes get & if it's worth the ~half-hour or so drive each way -- I'm sadly back on 'da mainland for what appears to be a fair stretch..
    I get over to DaSilvas fairly regularly...reverse commute for you...check it out....some nice people show up.

Quote Originally Posted by NoKaOi View Post
    No I took an intermediate class from Hiram Bell at Freight and Salvage. I've heard DaSilva is really good if you are an advance player - if that's who I'm thinking of. He has classes in his shop.
    From the island of.... Alameda
    Pono MTD-SP l Cocobolo Ukuleles Tenor l Sonny D Ohta Sahn Longneck Concert(ish) l Pono Mango Pineapple Concert l Fluke Stripe Tenor
    Dusty project - Cigar box Uke parts

Default Found a home.

Going to give it to my mother in law. They just moved I to a retirement community that offers uke lessons. No doubt she will surpass my skills in three months!
    From the island of.... Alameda
    Pono MTD-SP l Cocobolo Ukuleles Tenor l Sonny D Ohta Sahn Longneck Concert(ish) l Pono Mango Pineapple Concert l Fluke Stripe Tenor
    Dusty project - Cigar box Uke parts

Tri-Valley (East SF Bay Area) / Lahaina, HI

I get over to DaSilvas fairly regularly...reverse commute for you...check it out....some nice people show up.
    No I took an intermediate class from Hiram Bell at Freight and Salvage. I've heard DaSilva is really good if you are an advance player - if that's who I'm thinking of. He has classes in his shop.
    Mahalo for the replies & info, guys. DaSilva's sounds like a worthy endeavor, sonomjazz ... I'd really like to participate in any of his future luthiery workshops as well, so think I'll peruse the website & see if there's a way to receive info on upcoming events..

Thanks again, and nice move on hookin'-up the m.in-law, steel rider - certainly a good way to spread some effective aloha!

Hi, the picture shows the mainland with fret markers on 10 fret, I thought their tenors had the fret marker on 9th. Did you sell the mainland yet?

Thread Information