Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 192

Thread: Detailed info about Bruce Wei Arts Vietnam ukes on eBay

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZ View Post
    What the heck. I live in FL, so lack of humidity is not a problem. Besides, the worst case scenario is I get a musical cadaver to autopsy or "Franken-uke" into something good, or best case scenario is I get a unique-lookng instrument to add into the stable.

    This thread has really intrigued me enough to look at the internet review history of BW products. Most of the negative reviews go back 6-10 years. I'm willing to gamble a little to see if the 2014 product is any better than the 2007 product. If it's a gamble, it can't be any worse than the state lotto (and that has been a dry hole). I should at minimum get my entertainment value of the exercise, and it's all fun anyway.
    Can I get an Amen ?.....what about an 'Ey then ?......I now go to the BW site....

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CeeJay View Post

    If someone wrote
    " Look . You want to buy from some obscure emporium in the Far East who renownedly sells trash that has to be re-assembled or re-configured or turned into joss sticks to become a valid object , then fine ...it's your buck. Just for crying out loud don't involve us in it again ...like the last East Fart venture which I followed with increasingly lowering jaw.."............

    Oh snap! Now I have to wipe the coffee off my monitor!!!! ROTFLMAO!

  3. #93
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Western Colorado
    Posts
    367

    Default

    [QUOTE=
    " Look . You want to buy from some obscure emporium in the Far East who renownedly sells trash that has to be re-assembled or re-configured or turned into joss sticks to become a valid object , then fine ...it's your buck. Just for crying out loud don't involve us in it again ...like the last East Fart venture which I followed with increasingly lowering jaw.."..[/QUOTE]

    CeeJay, thank you for saying what has needed to be said. Also thanks to coolkayaker1 and Oldephart for fighting the good fight. On the positive side, this thread and the East Fart venture have been the most wonderfully entertaining for quite a while. I can't stay away. As the saying goes,"When the thread gets weird, the fun factor is off the charts."

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CeeJay View Post
    I don't see it the way that you do . What brutality is there in a "soft attack" ?

    If someone wrote

    " Look . You want to buy from some obscure emporium in the Far East who renownedly sells trash that has to be re-assembled or re-configured or turned into joss sticks to become a valid object , then fine ...it's your buck. Just for crying out loud don't involve us in it again ...like the last East Fart venture which I followed with increasingly lowering jaw.."..then I could understand your point .

    But I haven't seen any posts like that ................oh ......well .......um ...not until this ..but was by way of example of what people haven't written and no offence was meant.........look I've bought two Russian motorbikes ....and they really are shiiiiite...so what do I know about obscure .....oh no ,not again....
    See? I am wrong, all that stuff bringing up the poor guys questionable purchase history (not by ceejay) making him sound the impulsive dufus was just me projecting I suppose. Carry on, wrong again. Man, I wish I'd think before I posted.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oak Park, Illinois
    Posts
    2,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CeeJay View Post
    ....look I've bought two Russian motorbikes ....and they really are shiiiiite...so what do I know about obscure .....oh no ,not again....
    I say we hijack this thread and talk about the Russian motorcycles. They are GARBAGE.
    If everybody wanted peace instead of another TV, then there would be peace.
    -John Lennon-

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevepetergal View Post
    I say we hijack this thread and talk about the Russian motorcycles. They are GARBAGE.
    Oh no ..they are not garbage .....that is recyclable and has a fundamentally useful future ....One dnepr and one ural = two russian motorcycles are actually total ..
    can I swear on here ...well I am going to Total ****ing Arsewiping Shit....and I do not know why I bought a second .....10 years apart though but...

    I must be a Twat or a brucewei acolyte or similar ....what I say is once bitten .....do not stick your arm in for another bite ..... I know ....

    I have a Kawasaki as well now it makes me feel so much better...

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Coastal SC
    Posts
    1,868

    Default Time for this thread to be put out of it's misery

    Logged in, can't believe it still lives. Just my observation, please don't kill it, it is a testament.
    Last edited by Ukuleleblues; 06-14-2014 at 04:35 PM.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Queanbeyan, NSW Australia.
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    I should clarify here that my aim was not to have you all go out and buy Bruceweiart ukulele's. If you want to try one out then that's just fine. Its just that all these people who were criticising Bruceweiart ukuleles who hadn't bought one was pushing my buttons.

    They are cheap. They are not perfect. The double standards of expecting perfect quality from cheap instruments and ignoring blatant faults in expensive instruments was getting to me to.

    Anthony

  9. #99
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Western Colorado
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CeeJay View Post
    Oh no ..they are not garbage .....that is recyclable and has a fundamentally useful future ....One dnepr and one ural = two russian motorcycles are actually total ..
    can I swear on here ...well I am going to Total ****ing Arsewiping Shit....and I do not know why I bought a second .....10 years apart though but...

    I must be a Twat or a brucewei acolyte or similar ....what I say is once bitten .....do not stick your arm in for another bite ..... I know ....

    I have a Kawasaki as well now it makes me feel so much better...
    I think you are being unfair to Russian motorcycles. It seems to me your experience is outdated. I have been in touch with a Russian distributor (over 3,261 emails) and I am assured the quality problems in the past have been totally rectified. The unfortunate circumstance involving the discovery by US Customs of hashish in the down tubes of a FEW motorcycles has been dealt with and all is clear for problem-free importation. All we need is for 350 of us to commit to purchase ( small, reasonable down payment) and the wheels will be set in motion so to speak. Worse case: you have a nice coffee table.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flailingfingers View Post
    I think you are being unfair to Russian motorcycles. It seems to me your experience is outdated. I have been in touch with a Russian distributor (over 3,261 emails) and I am assured the quality problems in the past have been totally rectified. The unfortunate circumstance involving the discovery by US Customs of hashish in the down tubes of a FEW motorcycles has been dealt with and all is clear for problem-free importation. All we need is for 350 of us to commit to purchase ( small, reasonable down payment) and the wheels will be set in motion so to speak. Worse case: you have a nice coffee table.
    Look shh the trouble is ....the real trouble is ...that I really do own one of these things .....and am trying to bring it back to life Tovarich......believe me ...when they go they rival a ukulele for fun ....in fact balalaiaka...ukulele...the russians are onto something .....it could be the hash in the downtubes ...photoes will follow,,

    now must go to bedski ...4 AM in England...did we win football game competition round?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •