Detailed info about Bruce Wei Arts Vietnam ukes on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth would I get up in arms about a fault on a cheap instruments that all to common on an expensive instrument.

Anthony

Because, in my example, on this earth, the fault makes it unplayable rubbish.

If anyone else has experience with any B. Wei refunds, please let me know. I wanted simply to understand how much risk one is taking by trying one of his instruments, even with his "full money back guarantee". That's all.

I purchased a soprano with the bridge glued at the wrong place - after a brief exchange of images and possible solutions I got a concert of my choice for free and I got to keep the soprano (after placing the bridge at the right place it was a useful instrument and my niece is loving it).

Depends on what you mean by "very poor". I have a couple of brucewei ukes where the saddle is out by a couple of mm so intonation isn't great. I'm going to have to have some special saddles made and I didn't ask for a refund. When you don't pay that much for the instrument in the first place I think its just being rude. The Vietnamese instrument makers have to make a living.

Lets put things in perspective. I played an American made Martin tenor in a shop today. The intonation was all over the place. Flat on the A string and sharp on the E string. Quite a bit out too. Its an expensive instrument and I DO expect better from Martin. Why on earth would I get up in arms about a fault on a cheap instruments that all to common on an expensive instrument.

Anthony

Oh, now I get it. Wei's ukes are on a quality par with Martin. Had you stated that from the beginning, I wouldn't have wasted all those keystrokes.

Sorry that I pulled myself out of my self imposed bailout of this thread, but it is my impression that your posts on this topic are of more benefit to Bruce Wei than to new folks looking to buy a reliable instrument.

Last edited:
Because, in my example, on this earth, the fault makes it unplayable rubbish.

If anyone else has experience with any B. Wei refunds, please let me know. I wanted simply to understand how much risk one is taking by trying one of his instruments, even with his "full money back guarantee". That's all.

Hey ,mate ...you ripped into me for saying far less than this :rulez:;)....do you have to get a special permit .....LOL

I'm just messing with you.....I never have enjoyed a thread like this quite so much on UU....not too saccharine when some of you get your danders up eh ??

Last edited:
I purchased a soprano with the bridge glued at the wrong place - after a brief exchange of images and possible solutions I got a concert of my choice for free and I got to keep the soprano (after placing the bridge at the right place it was a useful instrument and my niece is loving it).

I see, chefuke. That makes sense.

Right now I feel bad that the OP has had to be reminded that his choices in the past, as well as the perceived future choice, have been made into a subject of ridicule. This is not a good thing, but it's the "internet", where every person with a fake name can come on and make as much fun of a person as much as they want, sort of a smorgasbord of passive-aggressive insult.

I have no love for the sort of instruments that are being made or promoted by folks like BW or Antonio Tsai, it's the humidity and the lack of control that forces those instruments into failure when they import to drier climates, but geez guys, show some compassion to a guy in school, learning just like everyone else. I've made bad choices uke-wise, guitar-wise, money-wise, wife-wise, and paid my tuition just like anyone. I don't need, nor would it be productive, to be hit over the head like some of you have done to the OP.

Idunno, I'm usually way wrong in most of my posts, so this is probably just another one. And I've read every post. Some good and decent lessons on the validity of purchasing from this seller, as well as the country of origin at this time, but some really made me cringe at the brutality of the "soft attack" in the guise of a helping hand.

Right now I feel bad that the OP has had to be reminded that his choices in the past, as well as the perceived future choice, have been made into a subject of ridicule. This is not a good thing, but it's the "internet", where every person with a fake name can come on and make as much fun of a person as much as they want, sort of a smorgasbord of passive-aggressive insult.

I have no love for the sort of instruments that are being made or promoted by folks like BW or Antonio Tsai, it's the humidity and the lack of control that forces those instruments into failure when they import to drier climates, but geez guys, show some compassion to a guy in school, learning just like everyone else. I've made bad choices uke-wise, guitar-wise, money-wise, wife-wise, and paid my tuition just like anyone. I don't need, nor would it be productive, to be hit over the head like some of you have done to the OP.

Idunno, I'm usually way wrong in most of my posts, so this is probably just another one. And I've read every post. Some good and decent lessons on the validity of purchasing from this seller, as well as the country of origin at this time, but some really made me cringe at the brutality of the "soft attack" in the guise of a helping hand.

I don't see it the way that you do . What brutality is there in a "soft attack" ?

If someone wrote

" Look . You want to buy from some obscure emporium in the Far East who renownedly sells trash that has to be re-assembled or re-configured or turned into joss sticks to become a valid object , then fine ...it's your buck. Just for crying out loud don't involve us in it again ...like the last East Fart venture which I followed with increasingly lowering jaw.."..then I could understand your point .

But I haven't seen any posts like that ................oh ......well .......um ...not until this ..but was by way of example of what people haven't written and no offence was meant.........look I've bought two Russian motorbikes ....and they really are shiiiiite...so what do I know about obscure .....oh no ,not again....

What the heck. I live in FL, so lack of humidity is not a problem. Besides, the worst case scenario is I get a musical cadaver to autopsy or "Franken-uke" into something good, or best case scenario is I get a unique-lookng instrument to add into the stable.

This thread has really intrigued me enough to look at the internet review history of BW products. Most of the negative reviews go back 6-10 years. I'm willing to gamble a little to see if the 2014 product is any better than the 2007 product. If it's a gamble, it can't be any worse than the state lotto (and that has been a dry hole). I should at minimum get my entertainment value of the exercise, and it's all fun anyway.

What the heck. I live in FL, so lack of humidity is not a problem. Besides, the worst case scenario is I get a musical cadaver to autopsy or "Franken-uke" into something good, or best case scenario is I get a unique-lookng instrument to add into the stable.

This thread has really intrigued me enough to look at the internet review history of BW products. Most of the negative reviews go back 6-10 years. I'm willing to gamble a little to see if the 2014 product is any better than the 2007 product. If it's a gamble, it can't be any worse than the state lotto (and that has been a dry hole). I should at minimum get my entertainment value of the exercise, and it's all fun anyway.

Can I get an Amen ?.....what about an 'Ey then ?......I now go to the BW site....

If someone wrote
" Look . You want to buy from some obscure emporium in the Far East who renownedly sells trash that has to be re-assembled or re-configured or turned into joss sticks to become a valid object , then fine ...it's your buck. Just for crying out loud don't involve us in it again ...like the last East Fart venture which I followed with increasingly lowering jaw.."............

Oh snap! Now I have to wipe the coffee off my monitor!!!! ROTFLMAO!
:agree:

" Look . You want to buy from some obscure emporium in the Far East who renownedly sells trash that has to be re-assembled or re-configured or turned into joss sticks to become a valid object said:
CeeJay, thank you for saying what has needed to be said. Also thanks to coolkayaker1 and Oldephart for fighting the good fight. On the positive side, this thread and the East Fart venture have been the most wonderfully entertaining for quite a while. I can't stay away. As the saying goes,"When the thread gets weird, the fun factor is off the charts."

I don't see it the way that you do . What brutality is there in a "soft attack" ?

If someone wrote

" Look . You want to buy from some obscure emporium in the Far East who renownedly sells trash that has to be re-assembled or re-configured or turned into joss sticks to become a valid object , then fine ...it's your buck. Just for crying out loud don't involve us in it again ...like the last East Fart venture which I followed with increasingly lowering jaw.."..then I could understand your point .

But I haven't seen any posts like that ................oh ......well .......um ...not until this ..but was by way of example of what people haven't written and no offence was meant.........look I've bought two Russian motorbikes ....and they really are shiiiiite...so what do I know about obscure .....oh no ,not again....

See? I am wrong, all that stuff bringing up the poor guys questionable purchase history (not by ceejay) making him sound the impulsive dufus was just me projecting I suppose. Carry on, wrong again. Man, I wish I'd think before I posted.

I say we hijack this thread and talk about the Russian motorcycles. They are GARBAGE.

Oh no ..they are not garbage .....that is recyclable and has a fundamentally useful future ....One dnepr and one ural = two russian motorcycles are actually total ..
can I swear on here ...well I am going to Total ****ing Arsewiping s**....and I do not know why I bought a second .....10 years apart though but...

I must be a Twat or a brucewei acolyte or similar ....what I say is once bitten .....do not stick your arm in for another bite ..... I know ....

I have a Kawasaki as well now it makes me feel so much better...

I should clarify here that my aim was not to have you all go out and buy Bruceweiart ukulele's. If you want to try one out then that's just fine. Its just that all these people who were criticising Bruceweiart ukuleles who hadn't bought one was pushing my buttons.

They are cheap. They are not perfect. The double standards of expecting perfect quality from cheap instruments and ignoring blatant faults in expensive instruments was getting to me to.

Anthony

Oh no ..they are not garbage .....that is recyclable and has a fundamentally useful future ....One dnepr and one ural = two russian motorcycles are actually total ..
can I swear on here ...well I am going to Total ****ing Arsewiping s**....and I do not know why I bought a second .....10 years apart though but...

I must be a Twat or a brucewei acolyte or similar ....what I say is once bitten .....do not stick your arm in for another bite ..... I know ....

I have a Kawasaki as well now it makes me feel so much better...

I think you are being unfair to Russian motorcycles. It seems to me your experience is outdated. I have been in touch with a Russian distributor (over 3,261 emails) and I am assured the quality problems in the past have been totally rectified. The unfortunate circumstance involving the discovery by US Customs of hashish in the down tubes of a FEW motorcycles has been dealt with and all is clear for problem-free importation. All we need is for 350 of us to commit to purchase ( small, reasonable down payment) and the wheels will be set in motion so to speak. Worse case: you have a nice coffee table.

I think you are being unfair to Russian motorcycles. It seems to me your experience is outdated. I have been in touch with a Russian distributor (over 3,261 emails) and I am assured the quality problems in the past have been totally rectified. The unfortunate circumstance involving the discovery by US Customs of hashish in the down tubes of a FEW motorcycles has been dealt with and all is clear for problem-free importation. All we need is for 350 of us to commit to purchase ( small, reasonable down payment) and the wheels will be set in motion so to speak. Worse case: you have a nice coffee table.
Look shh the trouble is ....the real trouble is ...that I really do own one of these things .....and am trying to bring it back to life Tovarich......believe me ...when they go they rival a ukulele for fun ....in fact balalaiaka...ukulele...the russians are onto something .....it could be the hash in the downtubes ...photoes will follow,,

now must go to bedski ...4 AM in England...did we win football game competition round?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom