rondo music hadean ubass

bnolsen

Reaction score
just noticed this yesterday. for 120usd someone has to try it!

http://www.rondomusic.com/ukb31.html

rondo music is famous for their high valued SX line of electric bass guitars and good customer service for returns.

ukb311.jpg

OMG - you had to point that out. That's awesome - I might have to buy that it's just too good a deal. Very interesting.

I gave in - I had to try it. I like that it has a preamp and I haven't tried the Aquila strings. I'll post about it when I get it.

I went back and saw they have a solid body version. I ordered that one too.

Last edited:
solid body???? no friggin way! where is it and how did i miss it? And why did they post an all walnut one? hehe.

There was a solid body posted for $149. I bought it - must have been the only one because after i bought it there was no more choice. It wasn't there this morning when I bought the acoustic one.

just curious, can you pull up the page link for it? They usually keep the page around even for things you can't buy although the links are lost. thanks!

just curious, can you pull up the page link for it? They usually keep the page around even for things you can't buy although the links are lost. thanks!

I can't pull it up in my account but can't get to a page for it. I didn't see it this morning when I bought the acoustic. It showed up later in the day when I was showing a friend what I had bought. Maybe they only had one.

I bought the swamp ash one [I think] the blue solidbody is still available [I think] / I've been wanting to try a bass, this was too good a deal to pass up [I hope]. thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
I bought the swamp ash one [I think] the blue solidbody is still available [I think] / I've been wanting to try a bass, at 140 shipped, this was too good a deal to pass up [I hope]. thanks for the heads up.

I'd be curious to hear report outs on these. They look nice (although one seems to have an odd string spacing issue), and for ~150 I wouldn't mind having a short-scale bass.

@bnolsen-

Thank you so much for making this thread!

I've been wanting a solid-body u-bass for a while now, but could not put together enough cash for one of the Kala models, and if these are decently constructed and basically playable, they could be a real bargain. (I dont mind having to do nut/saddle work myself to fix the intonation and/or action)

Interesting to me that they are all listed as 'prototypes' and seem to be offered for sale only one at a time...

For those that have bought them already - please share your impressions when you receive them. I am going to wait and see what you all think of them before diving in myself.

I am very excited that these are available! :)

The sad part is that i suspect some of these will be one off's. They are being sold as prototypes. Does that mean they decided not to manufacture them or they were just clearing out space? I'm one of the suckers, I grabbed the olympic white solid body although I wish that blue swamp ash had been up at the time, that one is very pretty. It seems like all of them are now gone...or they've paused with posting these.

ukbe20white1.jpg

Last edited:
Since they say prototype my guess is that they are sold out now. They might start selling them for real since these sold out so fast. Just speculation.

My expectation is that the pickups will be mediocre at best. The tuning gears will be cheap and need replacing. However, the body will probably be fine, the intonation will be fine. The pickups and tuning gears are easily replaceable. I'm looking at these as backup and an opportunity to try different strings. Rondo guitars tend to be a very popular platform for modding. I wish that blue swamp ash had been up when I bought mine - it sure looks pretty. The SUB solid body uBass that I have is pretty darn cheaply made and has its issues, but it sure is fun. It was a lot more money than these.

cross post from talkbass. Someone emailed rondo music and they'll have more in august. Not sure if that means solid body, acoustic or both.

Top Bottom