MusiciansFriend.com really is my friend!

BUGOY

Reaction score
So me and my brother (AKA one of UU.com's very own moderators, NukeDoc:p) go a local music store, and there i see it...the ONE! the Ibanez GA Series GA5TCE Thinline Classical Acoustic-Electric Guitar! I would have picked up the one at the store it IF it wasn't the only one they had and for the fact that the fret bars stuck out, causing epidermal lacerations on my hand whenever I would change from bar chord to bar chord. But after leaving the store I was on a mission. I NEEDED that Guitar! So when I got home I went directly to MusiciansFriend.com of course and looked it up. There it was, for $279.00, tax free, free shipping! Not a bad deal if you ask me. But for some reason I was hesitant to just buy it. So I keep looking at it mostly just to admire it in the picture but also to read the reviews. Overall, its rated at 4.5 stars out of 5. So the one i played at the store must have been a reject of some sort because none of the reviews ever mentioned anything about razor blade fret bars. but moving on, to further push myself to just buy this damn thing, i did a google search to read more reviews and I came across another online dealer selling the guitar for $249.99! i thought to myself that its gotta be at least $30 for shipping. i click on it, on in bold red font it says, "FREE SHIPPING":eek: < and thats how i looked like! haha! ok, so almost at the same moment, another red image catches my eye. i looked down at my desk to read "Best Gear, Best Prices, GUARANTEED!" it was on the cover page of the Musiciansfriend catalog that was mailed recently. haha! I figured I would rather deal with a Bigtime retailer other than some other folks that i've never heard about before. So I got in contact with MF regarding their best price guarantee. they emailed me back with a number to call to confirm the price match. I got on the phone with what sounded like an elderly fellow, kinda hard of hearing because i had to repeat myself numerous times, but he was nice. I told him the web address of the cheaper advertised price, put me on hold for about a minute, came back on the line and said "Okay i talked to blah blah, and we will honor the price match. You will be purchasing the Guitar for $249.99, no tax, free shipping" WOOHOO! how easy was that?! I could have sworn there was going to be some kind of catch. I forgot to ask if they would honor Ebay store prices. I ordered it yesterday, got my tracking number today, and Im hoping it will be here by friday! Ok, i just wanted to share with you guys. So, if you want to order something from musicians friend, look around first, you might be able to get it cheaper! ok thanks bye!

oh yea, heres what the guitar looks like:
276246.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like a sweet classical. I think I've played one before at a Local Sam Ash and I didn't notice any razor frets, but I noticed a really nice tone and great action. I didn't get a chance to plug it in but just acoustic alone was enough. I would be gloating too if I got a deal like that.

I got my guitar on monday! I came home and it was already out of the box, nice, shiny, and tuned... thanks Arvin! haha! No razor fret bars! I noticed the action was a bit high so i adjusted to truss rod. it brought the action down a bit but i noticed the nut was a bit high. I may have to shave it down just a tad, but im very happy with it! My brother hooked it up with strap buttons, took him like 5 minutes to do...skills! Surprisingly, even though it has a really shallow body, it projects sound really well. its gotta be one of the best $250 ive ever spent!

Next Mission.... Applause Tenor Ukulele!!!

nice man! hope u have fun with it.

Top Bottom