Happy NUD! Timms Style O

we tigers

Reaction score
actually not today, but last Tuesday, but I didn't have the chance to make a decent pic until today. So here it is!

A beautiful dark stained Ken Timms Style O. The French polish is gorgeous and the sound is immense. Responsive, resonant, warm, oah!
Set up is perfect. Never had a ukulele with such a easy playing action.

I had the choice between the Timms and a '63 Martin. Compared them, played them side by side (both the same strings), let someone else play, and eventually chose this one. Ken makes beautiful and brilliant instruments.

Everything you hear about them is true. They really are that great!

Congratulations, it's another beauty! They are wonderful instruments to play and admire. Does yours have the baked maple fretboard?

Gorgeous grain in that mahogany. I agree, Ken makes beautiful ukes for sure. Congrats on your new soprano!

-Steve

Sweeet! Aside from a 5-string Boat Paddle baritone to match my tenor the only other uke I really want is a Timms. Someday I'm going to get lucky and spot a listing quickly enough AND have money at the same time!

John

Love, love, love that finish. It is really something and a timeless beauty.

WOW! Congratulations. What a beauty!

Congrats Michael ! You made the right choice, IMHO. That's a gorgeous soprano.

Looks amazing. I too like the darker finish. Your ukulele pictures are always well lit and framed too. Gorgeous. What strings are you using on it?

Welcome to the family. My Timms S-0 is my one and only soprano, and for good reason. The sound/fit and finish are unreal.

It's beautiful. Mine has been sitting in customs in New York for a week. Hopefully they release it soon.

Congratulations, it's another beauty! They are wonderful instruments to play and admire. Does yours have the baked maple fretboard?
This one was bought by a fellow Dutch uker last fall. Ken was experimenting with baking maple back then, but I'm not sure if this has one of those fretboards. I think mine is rosewood. It looks an awful lot like rosewood to me.

Looks amazing. I too like the darker finish. Your ukulele pictures are always well lit and framed too. Gorgeous. What strings are you using on it?
Thanks! I teach photography lessons at my school, but for these I always just use my iphone... The strings on it are Martin M600. I'm thinking about later changing them to Worth Brown, but I'm very happy with the way it sounds right now.

It's beautiful. Mine has been sitting in customs in New York for a week. Hopefully they release it soon.
I know that feeling. Don't you just hate that? When I order ukes from the US custom clearance always takes longer then the trip overseas. Let us know when you get it; looking forward to your NUD topic.

what a beautiful Ukulele! (Ken: when are you gonna build new ukes?)

Ken takes a break in the winter months, and he built a handful of ukes since aound Feb 2018 which have been listed on eBay and sold very quickly, some for more than the asking price.

You have to watch his eBay listings and be vigilant if you want one before someone else buys it.

In The Luthier's Lounge section of UU he has been posting photos of building batches of necks, fretboards, etc, which seems like he is gearing up for more builds. So it looks like more ukes are coming soon.

Top Bottom