D tuning

philrab66

Reaction score
Hi all
Just been dabbling with a bit of D tuning. Have been playing the Waltz of Ukes from Roy Smecks book. Sounds like my Bruko was made for D tuning it just comes alive even playing something simple like that sounds really good.
Has anybody else tried D tuning and not gone back to C ?
Phil.

Some uke/string combinations really sing at a different tuning than "standard" C. My Mainland mango soprano with Ko'Olau gold strings is just really nice in D so I usually leave it there. The nearly identical Mainland mahogany soprano is much better in C and with heavy (CH) fluorocarbon strings.

John

Hi all
Just been dabbling with a bit of D tuning. Have been playing the Waltz of Ukes from Roy Smecks book. Sounds like my Bruko was made for D tuning it just comes alive even playing something simple like that sounds really good.
Has anybody else tried D tuning and not gone back to C ?
Phil.

I like D tuning for sopranos it adds a punch and brightness to it.
I dont like it on other size ukes but for soprano i think its the best tuning.

I keep my soprano tuned to D. Trying songs in a variety of keys and tunings gives me an excuse to play it occasionally. :D

I've got more D ukes than any others (C and Bari). When playing a gig I play a D tuned concert and DGBE tuned Bari. I play a C tuned uke very seldom. Try going the other way, fBbDG and see how you like that too. Anybody have that on a tenor?

Try going the other way, fBbDG and see how you like that too. Anybody have that on a tenor?
Yup, love Bb on my tenors. Haven't tried D but I might if I get that longneck soprano I've been thinking about. I tried to put my tenor banjo uke in linear D but the tailpiece wouldn't fit the fat low A string.

Top Bottom