NUD (well, it should have been)

DazW

Reaction score
I ordered a Kiwaya KS-5 a couple of days ago, arrived home from work today and the parcel had been left with my neighbour.
I excitedly opened the box and noticed it was marked Makala MK-S on the end of the box. I presumed this was just a spare box the store had lying around. How wrong I was! Inside the box was indeed a Makala MK-S! (Value around £30, Kiwaya £300)
I called the store right away and it appears there has been a mix up with address labels and my Kiwaya has presumably been sent to the person who ordered the Makala.
The store are now waiting for that person to reply to their email/phone call. It is Friday 13th I suppose :( should have known something would go wrong.

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with getting it straightened out; I'm sure the store will make it right even if the other person doesn't do the right thing.

But still, it sucks to wait some more. :(

Oh no, that is dreadful. I hope the store can get it sorted out quickly for you. I wonder if the other person opened the box and did a happy dance, hoping no one on the other end will notice. :confused:

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with getting it straightened out; I'm sure the store will make it right even if the other person doesn't do the right thing.

But still, it sucks to wait some more. :(
They are a v good store and the guy I'm dealing with is very apologetic/helpful. Just disappointed as I thought I'd have it for the weekend. Ah well, I'll appreciate it even more when it does finally arrive

Oh no, that is dreadful. I hope the store can get it sorted out quickly for you. I wonder if the other person opened the box and did a happy dance, hoping no one on the other end will notice. :confused:

That's what I thought, their reaction will have been the polar opposite to mine! Sure they'll do the right thing, us ukers are generally a good crowd :p

just wondering if that was the only Kiwaya that they had in stock....
seems like you should just send the Makala back and they should send you a Kiwaya...why do you have to wait for the for the person who got your uke to respond....he may never give it back... :)

and that had nothing to do with you...they made the mistake....and just my opinion

I suppose they want confirmation that the Kiwaya has been sent to that person, which is a little annoying but I can see their point. The Kiwaya was taken off their website as soon as I bought it so I presume it was the last one. I am a regular customer and they did acknowledge that so I'm sure it'll be fine. On the plus side I paid using paypal so I should be covered in any case

I suppose they want confirmation that the Kiwaya has been sent to that person, which is a little annoying but I can see their point. The Kiwaya was taken off their website as soon as I bought it so I presume it was the last one. I am a regular customer and they did acknowledge that so I'm sure it'll be fine. On the plus side I paid using paypal so I should be covered in any case

hopefully the person who has your Kiwaya does not keep it for a few weeks and plays it....then I guess it could be called used?.you should get some kind of discount for their mistake....

good luck...:)

hopefully the person who has your Kiwaya does not keep it for a few weeks and plays it....then I guess it could be called used?.you should get some kind of discount for their mistake....

good luck...:)
As long as I get it eventually I don't mind, it is my only uke now so it is a bit frustrating

I suppose there's a slim chance the Makala buyer could be a UU member and may stumble upon this post. Please get in touch if so just to put my mind at rest. Thanks

Still no sign of the Kiwaya, the store have kindly refunded me today but as far as Im aware they haven't heard back from the person they accidentally sent it to. Anyway, just ordered a Martin OXK instead and yes I know it's not a "real" Martin but I got it at a good price and I really don't mind the HPL construction, it looks great to me and the video reviews I've seen are all positive.
I'll post some pics and a review soon.
Cheers

Top Bottom