Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 122 of the Ukulele

Default Season 122 of the Ukulele

Season 122 of the Ukulele. Tribute.
    My Favorite part of the seasons has always been watching all of you play songs for us. I have laughed, I have learned, and I have made a lot of friends here (heck- I have even met some of you!)…never a dull moment around here.
    So this week I wanted to challenge you all to pay tribute to another Seasonista. That is our theme here, and I think I have figured out how to make it work…well, you guys did. I just watched it happen for 100+ weeks.
    Here’s what I want you to do. Go into your Favorites list on youtube and find that song that another Seasonista played…the one that made you grab you uke and play along. The song that made you think “I have got to learn that!”…and play it for us.
    I don’t care what the theme was, or what genre…and I have only a few very simple rules:
    1.Your video has to be made this week.
    2.Uke front and center (you can multi-track all you want, add instruments, get crazy)
    3.Tell us the video is for Season 122
    And here is the important part…
    4. Your post must include BOTH your video, and a link to the one that inspired you.
    5.Don’t post anything until Sunday in Hawaii. Go back to 121 and hurt yourself…
    Easy right?
    Play as many songs as you possibly can…in fact, shirk any and all obligations and just post videos all week. That would make me smile.
    Bonus awarded for capturing some nuance of the original Seasonista’s performance- if I catch it. That will amuse me greatly.
    Winners – there will be three. Mel and I will pick them. If Melissa and I drop everything and learn the song you have chosen, you win!!!! Prizes TBA, but they are going to be cool Ukulele oriented swag in tribute to our favorite illustrator Seasonista, Captain Lovehandles!
    The Rub- Somewhere around season 20 I told Canoelady (who helped judge my first season) I wanted to play my Ukulele on her dock. I am doing just that, and will be out of town until the 17th. I promise when I get back I will be responding like crazy, but for the first part of the week, I will be absent- crickets…I am relying on everyone else to kick this off in fine style and show your appreciation to all for playing us songs.
    All right….GOOOOO!!!!!!

And finally- some playlists!!!!!
    Season 122 Tribute Songs

Season 122 Inspiration
    Last edited by TCK; 06-18-2014 at 10:02 AM.

FANTASTIC THEME Dave. I have one from just a few days ago that I can't stop playing along to. This is going to be a great week.

Martin S-1| Ohana CK35S Concert|Gretsch G9100 Soprano| iUke Pineapple | Kala Pocket Travel Uke
    Music is what feelings sound like. ~Author Unknown

Really great theme TCK. This will be fun for everyone. Finally time to go do that song. Thanks for that
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Awesome! The only problem is that I'm inspired about 20 times a Season by other Seasonistas......

Glad you guys are on board! If y'all could de me a favor and go send our friend Captain Lovehandles a little love on his FB page (a "like") I would appreciate it. He has been so nice and very generous. http://https://www.facebook.com/page...67247373304229
    Here is a piece of original AWESOME he is sending for prizes. Love this stuff!lovehandles.jpg

Play me 20 songs Fred!
    Quote Originally Posted by frisbee fred View Post
    Awesome! The only problem is that I'm inspired about 20 times a Season by other Seasonistas......

Woohoo! Time to join a season again! Fred, we have the same problem! Hundreds of videos to choose from!

Dang, that's a good theme! You're asking us look at each other and tell someone he or she is special to you. That's something like Seasonista Love, isn't it?
    ~Ginny

Leave every place better than you found it.

Ooh. This should be a fun season. Got a few ideas, but I gotta try to avoid "I just wanted to do this song" syndrome. XP I can imagine myself doing that and posting WAY too many videos.
    Check out my stuff. I promise it's not THAT bad.
    My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
    My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultimateninjaboi
    My YouTube for Non-Season Music Projectshttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5...QwcJP9T4D1mJ7w

Ukes:
    Luna Guitars Turtle Soprano: Named Tera
    Mahalo Soprano (Deceased): Named Clara
    Guitars:
    Yamaha Acoustic (dunno the exacts...): Named Hope
    Gibson Les Paul 50s Tribute Electric: Named Isabella (Izzy)

Okay...beta blockers...no short term memory left...I am going to have to go watch 121 seasons of videos before I can begin... LOL

Seriously though, sounds like a cool challenge.

John
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

Thread Information