Honolulu ukulele

Graham McDonald

Reaction score
I am heading over to Tacoma WA for the GAL convention next month, flying Hawaiian Airlines from Australia and spending a couple of days in Honolulu on the way back. Very much open to suggestions on uke related places to visit in and around Honolulu.

Cheers

Nico's Pier 38 Friday's during lunch - Ramon Camarillo on `ukulele (and tiple if he decides on staying away from his haole music).

Bryan Tolentino is up and around ALL over the place.

If you're in Mililani the 2nd Saturday, I'll be at the Town Center from 7-9pm with Ke Kani Nahe (Sam is awesome `ukulele).

`Ukulele Festival is the last Sunday in July - Kapiolani Park. Pretty much says it all right there. . .

Check out the Kani Ka Pila Grille at the Outrigger Reef on the beach in Waikiki for good Hawaiian music every night of the week. If you think you could handle a more adventurous scene I can tell you a great place to go on Fridays by the airport.

Aloha Kekani, Westside!
Tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full.
Do you know of any Kanikapila on the West side?
See you at the festival, if not before. What is the thing in Mililani? Are you performing?

Check out the Kani Ka Pila Grille at the Outrigger Reef on the beach in Waikiki for good Hawaiian music every night of the week. If you think you could handle a more adventurous scene I can tell you a great place to go on Fridays by the airport.

Wow! I like the sound of that place......Will I have to take my rock climbing gear..Binoculars,Crampons, and all that stuff ? ;)

Aloha Kekani, Westside!
Tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full.
Do you know of any Kanikapila on the West side?
See you at the festival, if not before. What is the thing in Mililani? Are you performing?

Damn if I didn't just see a whole bunch of emails I never responded to. Since they're a few years old, would be weird to respond now I guess.

I play bass with, get this, Ke Kani Nahe. No, not planned, just ended up that way. Another story. We're at the Town Center every 2nd Saturday. The crowd draw is very cool - all locals from the area just hanging out.

Wow! I like the sound of that place......Will I have to take my rock climbing gear..Binoculars,Crampons, and all that stuff ? ;)

Haha not THAT kind of adventure! I just mean it is not a spot that caters to visitors and the crowd there is ... Different. Amazing Hawaiian falsetto singing and ukulele playing. My wife and I go almost every Friday.

Minor detail but it's always the third Sunday in July. (July 20th this year)

Haha...
nice one Chuck...me and Aaron old Postal workers...so the mind goes fast....lol :)

I hope to see you guys at the HMS booth...should be a good one this year again

Thanks for this thread! I'm headed to Oahu in early July and appreciate the comments!

Thanks for the info and suggestions. Annoyingly I am going to only be in Honolulu on Monday and Tuesday nights and a week after the Ukelele festival. Hopefully I can find some music on one evening or the other.

cheers

At Kani Ka Pila Grille, Monday night is usually Sean Naauao and Tuesday is usually Weldon Kekauoha. From 6pm - 9pm. Both are top-notch, and you can't beat the price - free!
My wife and I go see lots of live music. We might even be there on one of those nights. I'll let you know what else I find.

Top Bottom