checking interest: DaSilva #291 mahogany 19-fret soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

janeray1940

Reaction score
Putting this out there more in terms of checking interest than committing to sell, so if this is a violation of UU terms I apologize in advance.

I have a custom DaSilva 19-fret mahogany soprano that was made for me in May 2012. It's just not getting played any more - I've come to accept that my preference is for koa, and for the concert scale. Having a uke around that doesn't get played just makes me sad, and so I'd like to re-home this uke - and I've had some extra motivation in the form of trying to raise funds to cover some unexpected medical expenses.

The specs:

13.75" scale length
Honduras mahogany top, back, sides and neck
Ebony fretboard
19 frets (!!!)
Peghed tuners
Polyester gloss finish

And some pics - if there is interest I will take one today following UU rules including the sign with my username etc. on it. More and larger photos can be seen here, including some in-progress shots.

IMG_7214.JPGIMG_7238.jpgIMG_7255.jpg

Here's my original New Uke Day post, and a sound sample of me playing it back when it first arrived. Again, if there is interest, I will post an updated sound sample.

I paid $1200 plus CA tax for it new, and if I sell, I'd be asking $1000 shipped, Paypal only, United States only.

Please PM me if interested. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom