Bei Mir Bist Du Schön / Für Elise

Man...that old Gibson soprano has really inspired you! I've been diggin all your vids since you got it and that puppy's got mojo and brings you out as a player!
Keep it up!
Cheers!

Hell yeah... thank for posting this.... I actually received ukulelezaza's book about a week before UWC and have started working on a few of the strokes.... should of hit you up for a quick lesson on the field....

Great observation Lakesideglenn, I've been thinking the same way. The search for the right ukulele can be extremely elusive and I reckon JFS has nailed it with the Gibson!
Man...that old Gibson soprano has really inspired you! I've been diggin all your vids since you got it and that puppy's got mojo and brings you out as a player!
Keep it up!
Cheers!

Hell yeah... thank for posting this.... I actually received ukulelezaza's book about a week before UWC and have started working on a few of the strokes.... should of hit you up for a quick lesson on the field....

Thanks mate! I would love to talk to Mainland Mike about doing a right hand Old Tyme flourish workshop at the next UWC. I wonder how I might make that happen? lol But yeah man, that Zaza book is just as responsible for my recent increase in uke playing as the Gibson. That book was the gateway into the Smeck stuff.

Great observation Lakesideglenn, I've been thinking the same way. The search for the right ukulele can be extremely elusive and I reckon JFS has nailed it with the Gibson!

I'm tellin' ya. It's all the uke. I let my friend who just started playing (I'm trying to teach....) play the Gibson during our practice the other day and he couldn't stop playing it because it sounded so good. That thing is possessed.... I'm serious. I've went 8-10 hours straight and barely put it down.

Thanks mate! I would love to talk to Mainland Mike about doing a right hand Old Tyme flourish workshop at the next UWC. I wonder how I might make that happen? lol But yeah man, that Zaza book is just as responsible for my recent increase in uke playing as the Gibson. That book was the gateway into the Smeck stuff.

Just do it in the afternoon one day and spread the word. There are no official events at UWC except the evening open mics.... Harmonica Bruce did a harmonica workshop at his campsite one day.... I think approaching it as a commercial venture would be frowned upon, but I'll bet you'd have a lot of takers for a free 30min-hour lesson - I'd be first in line.

The Zaza book is killer - the arrangements are simple and clear and you can do as much or as little as you'd like with the flourishes. It's going to be a great stepping stone....

Here's the link, for those interested

Just do it in the afternoon one day and spread the word. There are no official events at UWC except the evening open mics.... Harmonica Bruce did a harmonica workshop at his campsite one day.... I think approaching it as a commercial venture would be frowned upon, but I'll bet you'd have a lot of takers for a free 30min-hour lesson - I'd be first in line.

The Zaza book is killer - the arrangements are simple and clear and you can do as much or as little as you'd like with the flourishes. It's going to be a great stepping stone....

Oh, I definitely meant free and casual for the workshop. I just would like it to actually be on the schedule that's all! :)

I just ordered his 2nd book from him off of Facebook. I don't even think it's for sale yet. WOOT!

Oh, I definitely meant free and casual for the workshop. I just would like it to actually be on the schedule that's all! :)

that's the thing, there's no schedule.....:) I think this is a great idea and I'd love to see you do it. I'd just pick a time and place and put a sign next to the port-a-potty & the stage the day before.... you might mention it on the UWC group FB page the week before to give folks a heads up. If you work up sheets for it, you could post them as well so people could print their own and look them over beforehand....

Top Bottom